Season 1: Episode 2: The Thing You Love Most

-Azalea's apartment-

Azalea put the last of her dishes in the sink as she pulled her school's uniform jacket  on, made sure she had her flower shop keys,checked to make sure the flower crown in her hair was straight, and grabbed a piece of toast from her toaster with sliced banana pieces and Nutella on it as she left her apartment. "Hello Azalea,  I love your flowers today. Did you notice the clock tower is working  again?" Mary Margret asked as she also stepped out of her apartment. Azalea nodded to her neighbor with a shy smile, wondering for the millionth time if the teacher watched at her door till Azalea  came out every morning to leave. Because every time she left her  apartment for school Mary was their waiting for her. "I wonder who fixed  it." Mary said with a cheerful voice as the two walked down the stairs together and headed to school.

-Storybrooke School-

Children were shouting playfully as Azalea and Mary walked into the school courtyard. "I knew you believed me!" Henry shouted as he ran into the school yard with a woman Azalea had never seen before. "I never said I  did!" The blonde shouted back to him. "Why else would you be here?" Henry asked with a  smile running past Azalea and Mary into the school. Mary looked to the woman with a smile. "Who is that?" Azalea asked, her voice a whisper. "It's Henry's birth mother." Mary answered before walking over to her, Azalea followed behind Mary, curiosity getting the best of her. No one new ever showed up in Storybrooke, the teen was sure that Henry's birth mother was getting lots of attention from the town.  "It's good to see a smile on his face." Mary told the lady. "I didn't  do anything." She said stuffing her hands into her red leather jacket.  "I'm Emma by the way, Henry's birth mother....nice flowers." Emma said  turning to Azalea looking at the purple lavender flowers that decorated her hair today. Azalea stuck her own hand out, "Azalea."  She said quietly, but politely. Mary considered it a win, even though the teen was standing slightly behind her. "So does the mayor know your still  here?" Mary asked with a smirk. "Oh she knows - what is her deal?" Emma asked, sounding annoyed. "She  has been mayor for as long as I can remember. No one has been brave  enough to run against her. I fear I only made things worse giving Henry  that Story Book." Mary  said "Yea, he is going a bit wild on the whole 'fairy tail idea'. Who does  he think you two are?" Emma asked, refering to Henry's theory that we were all fairy tail creatures. "Oh! it's silly, he thinks Azalea is a Flower Enchantress and that I'm Snow White." Azalea  watched as Emma seemed a bit surprised by the statement. "Who does he  think you are?" Mary asked her. "Oh...I'm not in the book." The warning bell  rang for school and Azalea  sighed. "Go on girl, I'm not covering for you if your late to class." Mary teased. The teenager walked to the front  doors of the school before disappearing from their sight. "Is she your kid?" Emma  asked Mary. "Oh no! She lives in the apartment next to mine...she has been an orphan most of her life, no family to speak of what so  ever." Mary said with a frown. "Really? No social service junk with that  to mess with?" Emma asked, being an orphan herself she knew that the foster care system was crazy. And she had never heard of a of case where teenagers could live without an adult in the same house. "I suppose not, I've never heard anything. And the Sheriff never asks any questions  so I just assumed everything legal was taken care of." Mary said with a  shrug. Emma frowned, finding Mary's lack of concern a bit...odd. But she put it in the back of her mind to come back to and focused on her actual child, Henry, "Okay, so I have a question about Henry's therapist." Emma said  with determination.

-class-

Azalea curved one of the petals of the flowers in her drawing as she let her mind wander, the teacher droned  on about some civil war. She honestly could bring herself to  really care, she hated the idea of violence. War was nothing but  destruction and death to her, and she couldn't understand why some people  felt the need to solve their issues with violence. She looked up from  her doodle as the bell rang and she calmly started to put her stuff in her bag as the rest of her peers seemed to be racing to the front door.  By the time Azelea  made it to the front door of the classroom Mary was waiting there for  her with Henry. "My mom is in jail!" Henry said before Mary could say  anything. "Regina is?" Azelea  asked, very confused. "No! My real mom, Emma." Henry said as if he were  talking to a first grader. Azalea tilted her head in confusion and turned to Mary for an explanation. "Do you care to go with us to the sheriffs office? Just in case I get busy and can't watch Henry?" Mary asked Azelea with pleading eyes. Azalea sighed, she wasn't scheduled to babysit Henry today, she had to go to her Flower Shop. She looked at the time on her watch and did some quick math in her head. "Fine...as long as I get to the shop by four." She said and the three headed to the sheriffs office.