Epilogue

Epilogue

I looked around, watching Selena outside for a moment.  She danced happily with Will, and my heart grew warm at the sight of them.  I looked around one more time, spotting all of my friends.  I sighed, hoping one day I could find my mate.

“Hello Nîn, nice to see you again,” a voice echoed from my right.  I pulled myself out of the chair, watching the man slowly approach me with a drink in his hand.  I recognized him instantly, a memory flashing through my mind.

“Before you get into all these questions, I want to tell you that you should keep track of the date and time from now on,” he smiled, holding out a cupcake with an unlit candle.  “Especially when it is your sixteenth birthday.”

“What the hell am I supposed to do with an unlit birthday cupcake.  Especially one from you.  I know you enough to know it’s laced with something.”

“I know you think I am still working for him, but he’s dead remember?  You of all people should know that,” he snarked.  “Besides, I was thinking of being a good peron for once.”

“You don’t have an ounce of good in you,” I retorted.

“No, but I’m not the one who murdered the man who cared for me,” he continued.  I looked at him with shock, knowing he still hated me.

“What do you want,” I asked, looking down at his lower area, ready to defend myself if needed.

“I just wanted to let you know that Jeniro has been found,” he replied, starting to walk away.  “His condition on the other hand...”

“What? What about his condition,” I begged, grabbing his shirt.

“Well, you’ll have to see it for yourself.  But not yet, he isn’t ready.”

“What’s that supposed to mean,” I screamed, the music drowning out my voice.

“It means, neither of you even deserve to see each other right now.  Besides, Axen still needs to fix him up.”

I watched him walk away, my eyes fixated on the silver chain on his neck.  My mind scattered in many ways.  I became afraid and shocked at the information I just received.  But he is dead.

~~~~~~~

Check out the sequel in the Abiding Royalty series: Divine