Going Against The Flow: Konoha High {Chapter 6}

Start from the beginning

“So what’s your name?” I blurted out, turning to the chubby guy. He blinked the smiled.

“I’m Chouji!” He spoke and I grinned.

“I’m Sora!” I said excitedly.

“I know. Shikamaru’s told me about you.” He went back to eating his large lunch. I turned to Shikamaru with a raised eyebrow and a smirk plastered on my face.

“Oh really?” My smirk grew as I looked at him. He seemed oddly focused on his food, and had a light pink tinting his cheeks. He glanced quickly over to me and his eyes went big. I smiled wide. “Awh you’re so cute Shika!” I yelled, glomping Shikamaru, making his face turn a bright red. Noir and Kiba burst out laughing.

“He looks like a tomato!” Kiba chortled.

“Hey I wouldn’t be talking Kiba. You talk about Noir in your sleep.” Naruto snickered while he ate his ramen. This time, Kiba’s face went red.

“What!? Why would you say that Naruto!?” Kiba freaked out. Noir laughed even harder, wrapping her arm around Kiba’s neck. It looked like his head was going to explode it was so red. Naruto and Chouji high fived across the table as they laughed at Shikamaru’s and Kiba’s embarrassment.

“Well that was a great moment.” Noir chuckled as we both let go of the boys and continued eating our food. Kiba scratched the back of his head as Shikamaru poked at his food.

“Well now it’s just completely awkward to ask.” Kiba muttered to Shikamaru.

“Ask what?” Noir turned to him with her mouth full of food. He stared at her for a second and she rolled her eyes. “Just spit it out already.”

“Er... Shikamaru and I were going to ask you guys if you wanted to hang out after school.” Kiba finally said. Noir and I looked at each other and smiled.

“We would love to!” I said with rainbow eyes. Kiba nodded, smirking.

“Awesome. We’ll meet at the front doors and we can go to the beach or something.” He smiled. The bell rang then and we all headed to our classes.

*After school*

“Do you have everything?” Noir asked as I trailed along behind her.

“Yeah, it’s all in my bag.” I spoke . We had a long day at school so we were rather exhausted and just wanted to relax. We saw the boys up ahead and waved

“So you wouldn’t believe what we have planned!” Kiba started as we approached them. Shikamaru covered Kiba’s mouth.

“Isn’t it supposed to be a surprise?” He muttered and Kiba nodded.

“Right.” He spoke after Shikamaru took his hand away.

****

“You brought us to a carnival?” Noir raised her eyebrow as we stood by the waterside carnival. The sun was setting by now because we went out for dinner first, then had to take a bus here.

“Whoo! Let’s go!” I yelled, grabbing Shikamaru’s and Noir’s hands while I ran to the ticket booth. Noir’s eyes widened and she grabbed Kiba’s hand so that he was dragged along as well. Shikamaru and Kiba bought us wristbands so we could go on as many rides as we wanted. Noir and chose the roller coaster first. “Look! Cotton candy!” I yelled and Noir slapped her forehead.

“Didn’t we just eat?” Kiba asked.

“Have you met Sora!? She has like a black hole in her stomach!” Noir gestured to her stomach in exaggerated motions. Kiba looked at Noir with huge eyes as I giggled.