Those Little Pills

Alright, this is sort of based off of a dream I had. So please do tell me what you guys think, and maybe Illa post the rest of the chapter. :]

Toodles kids.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picking up the last bottle Sarah could find, she quickly unscrewed the child-safety lock, and dumped the bottle upside down.

"Shit." She cursed when no pills came out. Her hands started to shake, along with her body. Violent spasms coursed through her body, causing her muscles to clench and unclench.

She needed those pills, with out them, she couldn't live. She couldn't fight off the shadows the in corners of her vision.

Sarah slid off of the purple couch in her apartment, and onto the worn patchy floor. The desire for the pills became a want, no a need for her. The pills her friend, Alicia, gave her made her whole. The world seemed like a better place when Sarah was on them.

"Alicia!" Sarah cried out, in pain, her stomach started to cramp up. "I need my candy!"

Alicia stuck her head out from the bathroom, to find her roommate, half lying on the dirty floor of the apartment, twitching uncontrollably. She quickly ran to her friend, propping her up against the sofa, and dug in her pocket, pulling out two small red pills, no bigger than a ladybug. Alicia opened Sarah's mouth, and stuck the two pills in her mouth. She started to rub Sarah's throat, coaxing the pills down.

As soon as the pills hit Sarah's bloodstream, she stopped moving, her muscles started to relax, and she soon fell asleep.

Alicia relaxed. Soon Sarah would be perfect for taking to Alicia's bosses. Or Alicia could free trade her, put Sarah up in an auction for the highest bidder. So very few humans can withstand the treatment, and be usable. Sarah was the first to withstand three doses. A huge accomplishment, for a human. Already Alicia had to stop kidnappers from taking Sarah, most likely to the Ruler, so her genetics could be studied.

"I need a vacation." Alicia muttered to herself, picking up the empty bottles on the floor. And she would take a vacation, as soon as she turned in Sarah, and traded her for Joel. Then Joel and Alicia would leave the world of the undead, and flee to somewhere warm and sunny.

Alicia looked down at her silver wristwatch. Twelve thirty. In eleven hours, the final dose would be in her bloodstream fully, and she will be perfect to take to Alicia's bosses. Alicia fished her small cell phone out of the pocket in her black skirt. She hit three, and pressed send.

A guff voice answered, "Yes?"

"She is on her last dose."

"That means nothing, she still could die." The man on the other end snapped.

"Sir, with all due respect, she has survived three doses. I'm sure-"

"I don't care what you are sure of, just deliver the girl to Poison and Derek will take her to me."

"What about Joel?!?" Alicia demanded.

"He will be there to make the trade, just have the two dance, and Derek will take the girl, and you will get your hubby." He sneered.

Alicia snapped her phone shut, and paced around the tiny, dirty apartment. She hated it here. Alicia was accustomed to overly lavish rooms, decorated in real gold and other precious metals.

Alicia jumped at the sound of the shrill land-line phone ringing. She composed herself, because only two people knew this phone number.

Those two people, being Sarah's parents.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That is the rest of Chapter one. Two will be up as soon as I write and edit it. But I have S&E to get ready for, and FCCLA, and a trip to New York. :P So please, if anyone reads this, bear with me?