I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard an all too familiar voice yell out, "Omega, you better hurry up and get breakfast on this table immediately. My patience is running out." Alpha Xavier Maxwell Alister, is a powerful, ruthless, and merciless Alpha. Out of everyone in the pack, he abuses me the most. Not wanting another painful beating, I rushed and did my morning routine before heading downstairs. I made my way to the spacious packed kitchen and started to make a typical American-style breakfast and soon, all the food was ready to be served. I brought out the plates to the awaiting pack members in the dining room. Once everyone was served individually, I left to clean up the kitchen and do the dishes."Evangeline, we need to eat something soon. We can't continue to live like this. Please human, we need to eat to survive a little longer."  Winter whimpered."I know Winter...maybe they will be kind enough to leave some leftovers today...if not, then I will find scraps for us to eat,"  I responded, and as if on cue, my stomach grumbled loudly. Once the kitchen was spotless, I waited for the Alpha to call me to complete my duty of clearing the table once everyone was done eating.

"Omega, we are done eating. Come at once, make yourself useful, and clean up this mess mutt!" Alpha Xavier hollered. I walked quickly into the dining room and hurriedly stacked the dirty plates and sorted the utensils, before taking them back to the kitchen. No one helped and not a single word of gratitude was spoken from the whole pack. I also noticed that they ate all of the food, leaving no leftovers for me. I sighed quietly and guessed this meant that I would have to go all day without food again. "I am sorry Winter...we have to bear the hunger a little longer."  I proceeded to do the dishes, making sure that each plate was spotless as one speck unwashed could earn me a beating. Once I was finished, I looked at the time and cursed under my breath. I was going to be late for school if I didn't leave right away. We, werewolves go to a special werewolf-only school, humans are forbidden to attend. Of course, with me being an omega meant that I was bullied a lot in school, especially by Xavier and Alec. It was mandatory to go to school until you reached the age of sixteen, and the consequences of not attending were harsh. A werewolf without an education gets kicked out of the pack and is forced to become a rogue, a full wolf, a rank lower even than an omega. Nobody wants that. 

I slipped on my worn-out Uggs boots, grabbed my plain white backpack filled with completed homework and school books, and began the long walk to North Wood Academy. Suddenly, as I was walking, I felt raw eggs being thrown at me, one painfully hitting the nape of my neck and another landed on the side of my head. Xavier and Alec howled with peals of laughter as they watched egg yolk run down my face and clothes before driving off. I sighed and kept walking. When I finally reached the school, I heard the first bell ring and immediately I knew that I was going to be late. I didn't even bother going to my locker, and just went straight to the nurse's office to get a late note. Nurse Lucie is the only person who cares about me, she is always there for me when I need her, even if she can not do much because of her rank, she is the only person who listens and helps me in whatever ways she can. I am grateful to have a person like that still present in my life. Nurse Lucie wrote me a note, to excuse my lateness, without inquiring anything, though she did kindly say that I should go wash up before going to class. That's what I liked most about her, she never forces you to talk or explain. She slipped a cereal bar into my hand and patted my hand once before returning to her work. I thanked her, smiling gratefully, and slipped out of the office, heading towards the bathroom to try to get as much of the egg yolk off my clothes, hair, and face.

While I was walking towards my first class, I munched on a cereal bar that Nurse Lucie gave me. She knew that I had little to nothing to eat back at the packhouse so, every morning, she would give me something to eat whether that be a cereal bar or a banana. I heard Winter sigh with happiness, savoring the taste. We were both happy to have some food finally enter our system. When I walked into the classroom, the teacher dismissed me after she read the note. I ignored the glares of my peers and took my usual seat towards the back of the classroom, by the window, zoning out completely from reality as soon as my butt hit the seat.