-------

Night had came quicker than I could have expected. I stood on top of the guard tower, wearing my baseball cap I had just found stored away in an old bag. I was looking to the sky, remembering small things about Jade I wish I would've mentioned to her. Like, how her smile made her eyes crease up in the corners, how her hair always fell perfectly, no matter how dirty, or maybe how she was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid eyes on. Or, the biggest one, how I never wanted to lose her. But I had lost her. I shook away the thoughts when I heard the motorcycle engine revving toward the gate. I haven't talked to Daryl since learning of Jade's... Passing. I wonder how he's holding up. I shook away my thoughts, "Guys, they're back!" I shouted at the prisoners who were below me, killing off walkers behind the fence. They were shouting to get the walkers attention. I grabbed a sniper rifle and aimed at a walker going for Maggie and Daryl. The gate opened and I ran down to meet them.

------

I came into the cell block to see Daryl holding the baby, cooing it softly. He held his hand out for the bottle, which Beth handed him, "Come on. Come on." Daryl cooed the little child in his arms. It stops crying, bringing a smile to everyone's face. Daryl looked at me quickly, giving me a small smile, "She got a name yet?" he ask, holding the bottle upright, "Not yet." Carl said, "I was thinking maybe Sofia. Then there's Carol, too. Or Jade. And... Andrea. Amy. Jacqui. Patricia. Or.. Lori. I don't know." I could see Daryl chewing on his lip at the mention of Jade. Carl walked away, "Yeah... You like that? Huh?" Daryl cooed the child, "Little ass-kicker." I smiled a bit, noticing how gentle Daryl was with the child. Jade would've loved this. We would be standing here, watching Daryl feed the child. She would smile that wonderful smile of hers. Everyone laughed at Daryl's nickname, "Right? That's a good name, right? Little ass-kicker. You like that, huh?" Daryl laughed, "You like that, sweetheart?" he cooed.
Rick came to visit then headed straight back down to the boiler room. I followed Daryl to his perch, "Can we talk?" I ask him. He nodded, motioning for me to sit, "You miss her to, don't you?" he ask me, chewing on his thumb nail. I nodded, feeling the lump in my throat, "I promised you that I'd take care of her. I didn't do that. I was stupid and let her go on her own." I looked at me feet, "Glenn. It isn't your fault." he said, putting his hand on my shoulder. I didn't hold back when I cried in front of him. I didn't need to prove myself of a 'man' in front of him. I knew he didn't care because he was crying, too. And right here, in this moment, I hugged him. I don't know why I done it, but I did. It wasn't as awkward as I imagined it being, because he hugged me back. Tears were falling as we embraced, getting along perfectly once for Jade.
Maggie and I had went on a run into town to find anything we could for the baby. We turned the car off and jumped out, "Clear outside." she said, "All right. Let's take a look." I said, glancing around the small town, "You sure you're up for this?" she ask me. I nodded, just wanting to get this over with. I pulled the pliers out of the back of the car and clipped the chains around the doors of a store. I pulled open the doors and caught glimpses of birds flying out. I ducked down and avoided the oncoming packs of birds. I regained my breath from the scare and walked inside, "Glenn, get that duck." Maggie said from outside, shinning the light on it. I scrunched my eyes together, "What?" I ask, "Get that duck." she repeated. I laugh, "Are you serious?" I ask, "Yeah. A kid growing up in a prison could use some toys." she said with a smile.
"We just hit the powdered formula jackpot." I said with a smile, "Oh, thank god." Maggie breathed, "I also got beans, batteries, cocktail wieners, many mustards. It's a straight shot back to the prison from here. Probably make it in time for dinner." I said, taking baskets to the car, "I like the quiet." Maggie breathed, "Back there, back home, you can always hear 'em outside the fence no matter where you are." Maggie said to me. Just as I opened my mouth to speak, another voice took my place, "And where is it y'all good people are calling home?" I recognized the voice. No. I sucked in a breath, raising my gun after Maggie, "Merle?" I ask, confirming my thoughts. He dropped his gun and started to laugh. He put his gun on the ground and raised his hands.. Er, hand in the air, "Wow!" he said, walking toward us, "Hey! Back the hell up!" Maggie yelled, "Okay, okay, honey. Jesus." I didn't put my gun down, "You made it." I breathed, "Can you tell me, is my brother and sister alive?" he ask me. The mention of Jade put another lump in my throat, "Daryl is fine... Jade." I couldn't speak, "Is Jade okay?" he ask, "She was pregnant... But she passed a couple days ago." Maggie said for me. Merle looked to the ground, "Who's was it?" he ask. I swallowed hard, "Mine." I spoke. Merle chewed on this lip for a moment, "Did she die in childbirth? If she did, I''ll kill you--" Maggie interrupted him, "No. She wasn't even 5 months along yet." he nodded, "You take me to Daryl and I'll call it even on everything that happened up there in Atlanta. No hard feelings, huh?" no answer came from Maggie or I. Merle laughed, "You like that?" he ask, shaking his arm-blade in the air, "Well, I found myself a medical supply warehouse. Fixed it up myself. Pretty cool, huh?" he laughed, "We'll tell Daryl you're here and he'll come out to meet you." I said, "Hold on. Just hold up." he was getting impatient, "Whoa. Whoa." I said, holding my hand out to him. More shouts came of 'hold on' before it calmed down, "Hey, the fact that we found each other is a miracle. Come on, now. You can trust me." it took me a moment to answer, "You trust us. You stay here." I pointed my gun at him. He chuckled then lunged at me, "No!" I shouted. He shot the back window out of our car as Maggie and I darted around the sides. I came back around the side to see Merle holding Maggie at gun point on the ground, "Hey, hey, hold up, buddy, hold up." Merle said, "Let go of her!" my rage ripped through me, "Put that gun in the car right now. Put it in the car, son." I put the gun in the car and held up hands up, "There you go. Now we're gonna go for a little drive." Merle said, "We're not going back to our camp." I said, shaking my head, "No, we're going somewhere else. Get in the car, Glenn! You're driving! MOVE!" he yelled. I nodded, "Don't. Okay." I agreed, "Get up!" he yelled at Maggie as I walked around the other side. I got in the car, followed by Maggie and Merle and started the engine, going wherever he told me to.