Chapter 9 - High School Musical

Start from the beginning

"You kissed Fred?!" She squealed in excitement.

My cheeks turned a slightly pink as a random junior walking past stared weirdly at us. I nodded in confirmation

"Well, technically he kissed me. But I did kiss back," I giggled.

Emma immediately wrapped her arms around me, swinging me from side to side. "This is SO exciting!"

I chuckled, "Calm down!"

"So are you boyfriend and girlfriend now?" she questioned.

I felt my grin fade. "Well, no. He didn't ask me," I muttered.

"You don't think he'd just kiss me for the sake of it, right?" I asked insecurely.

Emma shook her head, "No, of course not! He's probably just waiting. Winter formal is coming up, you know, maybe he'll ask you then?"

I smiled slightly, "I hope," I replied.

I really did like Fred, but it seemed like a far-fetched idea that he would want to be boyfriend and girlfriend. After all, I had only had one boyfriend before. Maybe he didn't want to go out with someone like me? I'm sure he must have had plenty of girlfriends before.

Emma noticed me internally freaking out. "Now it's your turn to calm down. How could he not like you!" she said comfortingly.

Suddenly, a pair of hands grasped me from behind and I saw Emma smirk at me knowingly.

I turned around to see Fred grinning at me, "Hey gorgeous," he said with a smile.

"I told you so," Emma whispered with a wink as she walked off, leaving me alone with Fred.

"She told you what?" Fred asked curiously.

Why did Emma have to say that loudly?

"Oh uh, told me that, uh, the bell was about to ring." I said lamely, as the bell rung in the distance.

Fred looked at me weirdly, but shrugged and we walked to homeroom together. I couldn't help but smile as he grabbed my hand in his. He didn't even let go when we walked into homeroom.

I noticed Michael staring at me from the back row, and I realised that I hadn't exactly given him an explanation to my sudden exit yesterday and he was probably a little curious as to why I had practically sprinted from drama practice.

"Hello Soph and Fred, greeted Miss Laura enthusiastically as we sat down in homeroom.

We smiled at her, and listened as she called the roll.

Jessica strutted into homeroom half way through, apologising as she had just got her nails done. Miss Laura excused Jessica as she walked to her seat, making sure that she kept her nails in the air so that they don't touch anything.

I rolled my eyes as she sat down and stared at her freshly manicured hands. Trust Jessica to be late to school just because she was getting her nails done.

Homeroom finished, and I went to my first class, which was history. Throughout my classes, I couldn't shake the feeling that something just wasn't right. I felt weird, almost like I was forgetting something.

---------------------------------------------

MICHAEL'S POV

"Dude, you didn't tell me Soph could sing," I said to Dylan as we walked to our lunch table.

"And you didn't tell me you could sing," he shot back with a smirk.

I groaned, "I really can't man, it's not something I want people to know."