Chapter 14 - Private Rehearsal

SOPHIA'S POV

Emma was currently sitting across my bed from me, her mouth hanging wide open.

It slowly turned to a grin and she pointed her finger at me accusingly, "I KNEW IT!"

I hid my face in my hands, groaning as I did so.

"Well don't just point at me, help me!" I exclaimed desperately.

Emma smirked at me knowingly, "Oh please Soph, like you need any help! You get to kiss him in three days."

This time my mouth dropped open, and my cheeks turned red. I stared helplessly at Emma while she giggled at my dilemma. I had just confessed to her my slight crush on Michael. Just thinking about it made my stomach twist. How on earth could I ever have developed a crush on Michael? Never in a million years would I expect something like this to happen - and I had absolutely no idea how to deal with it.

"Stop laughing," I whinged, which only made Emma laugh harder. Some best friend she was. I thought best friends were supposed to give you advice, not laugh at you when you're clearly in the biggest disaster of your life.

"I don't get what the big problem is Soph? Michael is smoking!" Exclaimed Emma as she got up from from my bed and rifled through my clothes. Good to see what was important in this conversation.

"The problem?! The problem?!" I demanded, "The problem is that it's Michael."

Emma raised her eyebrows at me, "So?"

I sighed exasperatedly, "So, it's Michael. He's Dylan's best friend. I've always found him so annoying and now suddenly I want to jump his bones."

Emma chuckled at my expression, and picked up my dress, "Hey can I borrow this sometime?"

I shot her a death stare, "Emma!" I scolded her.

She smiled sheepishly, "Sorry it's a really cute dress! But seriously Soph, it's not that weird."

I rolled my eyes, "Yes it really is. I mean, it's not like I'd ever do anything about it. But still!"

Emma smirked at me, and shot me a wink, "Well, you do get to kiss him."

Groaning, I covered my face with my pillow, "I don't think I can."

"That's bull Soph, I bet you're dying to have his lips against yours," said Emma dramatically.

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes again, "I'm really not. I would be so nervous and it would just be way too weird."

Emma groaned, "Stop saying it would be weird! You never know, maybe he feels the same."

I scoffed. Yeah right.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————-