>>>•Hazel POV•<<<

Child of Venus or not, Hazel could tell Jason was upset at Piper being in the "evil" house. She hoped that Piper would at least have one other person with her.

Just put the hat on! She scolded herself. The hat slipped over her eyes.

"Oh, you have met Hecate?" The hat said fondly. "She's the one who founded us, you know. I was actually one of her son's old hats, Godric Gryffindor? Yes, the founder of one of the houses you might go to. But to figure it out, I'm going to poke into your memories."

You're really confusing for a hat. Hazel saw her life flash before her, including New Orleans and Alaska. 70 years in Asphodel zipped by in a single haze of gray. Then it was done.

"So... not Slytherin. Possibly Ravenclaw, but I don't think that would fit you. Gryffindor or Hufflepuff?"

Hufflepuff is loyalty, right?

"Hard work, patience, loyalty, and justice. It also slightly corresponds with the earth. You should know all about the earth. And I believe—" Hazel's mind flickered to when she was being judged after death, "—you also know about justice."

Right, right. So, Gryffindor or Hufflepuff?

"Hmm... Although bravery definitely defines you, I think you would do well in HUFFLEPUFF!"

>>>•Jason POV•<<<

"Hufflepuff? Isn't that like the gentle house or whatever?" Jason asked Annabeth. She frowned.

"Don't stereotype them. Hufflepuff values hard work, patience, justice, and loyalty. They are not gentle. Their mascot is a badger, and everyone knows the Honey Badger don't give a—"

"Guys, Frank's being sorted!" Percy hushed. Just then, the mouth-like rip opened and shouted...

>>>•Frank POV•<<<

"Oh, thank goodness. The last one." A small voice sighed in relief in Frank's skull.

Right... you're talking to me in my mind, aren't you. I'm kind of sick of having voices bounce around in my head, Frank thought.

"Well, let's hope I'm the last one. Now, your house. Your girlfriend Hazel's in Hufflepuff—"

The loyal

"Right. Well, Hufflepuff also value hard work, justice, and patience. To sort you, I go through your memories." Frank's mind whizzed back to the earliest memories he could remember, all the way through to right before he had walked up to the dirty hat on the stool.

"Okay. Well, you're similar to that daughter of Pluto. Gryffindor, or Hufflepuff?"

Gryffindor I can be with the rest of them. But I want to be with Hazel. So... Hufflepuff, please?

"You know, not many have requested. The last one that did was Harry Potter. I was debating between Gryffindor and Slytherin, and almost put him in Slytherin. He's in Gryffindor now, but that's not important. The point is, I take your preferences into account. And although you'd do well in Gryffindor, you are loyal to your girlfriend. So, you belong in HUFFLEPUFF!"

>>>•Jason POV•<<<

Frank beamed at Hazel before going to join her at the yellow and black table. As soon as he was seated, Professor Dumbledore, the old man with the long beard, stood up and smiled at all the students. "Now, I'm expecting you're all starving, so why don't we dive into the feast!" He clapped his hands, and food appeared on the empty plates before them.