Late Nights

Third P.O.V:

The sound of the front door closing, heels clacking then quiet thumps filled the small, cozy apartment. It was late, almost dawn when she came home. A strong stench of beer, cigar, and an unknown masculine scent followed her as she entered her shared bedroom.

Shawn had his eyes closed, back facing the door, a tugging, bitter frown forming. He stayed still, one arm resting under his head and the other laying over his waist, forearm on the mattress. The brunette kept on listening to the shuffling of drawers and sound of water running from the bathroom. It was rather noisy, the slyness of coming home late decreasing as the nights became more frequent.

A sigh escaped his girlfriends' lips, the horrible odor of another man poisoning the place. Shawn groaned in anger, turning over abruptly.

"I knew you were awake." (Y/n) said nonchalantly. She remained collected, stripping from her wrinkled, tight red dress that Shawn bought a few months back; back when her love was faithful. "I did expect something else though."

Shawn rolled his eyes, sitting up. He didn't know how to start. The sight of forming red bruises mocked him as if saying 'didn't hold her tight enough'. He loved (y/n) and seeing her disloyalty bare was painful. "Why did you go out again?"

(Y/n) walked into the bathroom, the sound of running water ceased. Stepping back out, she shrugged her shoulders effortlessly. "Needed more attention." She bluntly stated.

"I could give you anything." Shawn remarked, using his wealth card. "If you just let me."

She stood there, arms crossed over her chest, shoulder leaned against the doorway, hip out and one knee slightly bent. "I want your presence." Now that was something Shawn did not expect.

"You know my job-"

"Yeah, I know. I heard this a million times already." She quickly snapped. Her boring gaze glued onto Shawn's tensing figure. Her lips part, a yearning to just give up pulling out of her body. The constant arguing, rising voices, departure, it was too much to handle.

Shawn stared back, jaw clenching. Moving away from the bed, standing up on his two feet, he slowly approached (y/n); his eyes never faltered to stay on her. "Baby girl, how can I fix this?" He asks, voice cracking. Now only an arms length away from the woman he desperately tried to hold on to, he stopped walking. "What did I do to deserve this?" Anger laced onto his words, it was starting.

(y/n) laughed. The kind of laughter that taunted you. She stepped forward, head tilted up slightly. "You got into scandals." She said in a rather matter-of-fact tone. "So don't 'Baby girl' me, Shawn." God, she hated him. She tried so hard to blame their crippling relationship on the famous bastard and after a while, she convinced herself. That's when it started. That's when she sought out anyone who could provide her the missing affection she was so used to receiving.

Throat dry, Shawn retorted with the classic 'publicity stunt' excuse. But it wasn't an excuse to get out of arguing. It was true, what he said. Every awful thing the media tried to portray Shawn as was a big bullshit lie. 

Fingers curled, chest rising heavily, derogatory terms exchanged. Toxic tension filling up as fists were pounded against the wall, against his chest, and finally without thinking, against her bare, tainted skin. Truths of this relationship unraveling, abusive-- verbally-- and for the first time-- physically--; a whole new turning point. (y/n) fell onto the messed up bed, falling onto her back. She cupped her cheeks, the sensation of a fresh hit swelling up. She broke down, sobbing with regret.

Shawn reacted, wishing he never laid a hand on her body. Worry consumed his overwhelming anger and distress. "Oh God, Baby girl, I'm sorry. . ." He reached out but all that earned him was a whimper. Arms shielded her face, eyes shut tightly. She thought I was going to hit her again

(y/n)'s heart pounded, a new perspective of Shawn unfolding in her mind. She uncurled herself, lowering her guard as the bed shifted. Shawn sat on the edge, tears streaming down his cheeks. His nose was bright red, quiet cries escaping into the ominous moment. "I'm so sorry." He apologized again. The brunette looked over his shoulder, giving a sincere, apologetic gaze. (y/n) picked herself up and inched closer, stroking her fingertips through his messed up curly hair. 

The touch of her skin against his, he missed the feeling of it. She missed him as well but as much as she wanted to start over, to start anew, it was too late. Scars were made. This would be the last time she would arrive to aid through his melancholic state. 

This would be the last time he held onto the love he felt for her. It's over and the heavy weight was now lifted, allowing fresh air in. 

//If any typos or grammatical mistakes were made, please do tell//

//Vote and comment :)//

🎉 Late Nights. (Shawn Mendes x Reader. //Imagine//One-Shot//) hikayesini okumayı bitirdin 🎉