Chapter 12

Zaxin walked inside, Angelique finding it difficault to get the cigarrete to her mouth, Zaxin returned with a glass of cooldrink and placed it next to her. "This is for you" he said calmy. "Just go away" Angelique hissed and threw the bud into the garden. Then walked passed him into the house up towards her room. Zaxin followed her and went and sat on the edge of the bed. Handing her the cooldrink. "Drink it, you'll dehydrate if you don't cool it" and at that moment he became sad, Angelique could see it, but she had to prove a point. She had. To save him.   "It's over, you've reached my limit. I can only take some so much." Zaxin sighed and took one of the little blankets and threw it  over her.  " Don't even try" Angelique said still shaking with anger.   Zaxin didnt reply. He sat and watch Angelique trying to compose herself. "Do you know how it feels to be pushed away when soneone truly needs another ?" She asked him. "I ....I dont know what to say"     "yeah I thought so. Well the way you feel is ho w I've felt for way too long all those damn years. Pushing me away when u needed me cause you want to be strong. For Duncan. Yeah I have mistakes but atleast I see the wrong with my actions." Angelique stood up and almost as she reached the door Zaxin spun her around and pushed her against it. "I'm starting to doubt if you ever really loved me" Angelique began to laugh histirically. "What would you want to talk bout love. Did you think of that this morning when you left me alone?"  "That was a mistake"   "and now we want to  declare mistakes."      "Angel .... I don't want to go back to school knowing that you've been a mistake.... that I yet made another mistake...."   "Should've thought about that before fucking up"  "So what now? You're done with me?" Angelique chuckled and looked him in the eye. "You act like we were married."   "Maybe I want to be married to you". Angelique stood there and her heart didnt just break it shatterd. Then Zaxin continued. "Maybe I want to risk my heart all over again. Maybe I want to tell you that I just realised that I can't lose you, that I realised that all the shit I went through wasn't that bad compared to the feeling I have in my heart right now. That I'm sorry I fucked up. I'm sorry I made you this way..." He couldnt finish, he broke out in tears, sank to his knees infront of her and cried his heart out. Angelique told herself it was enough. He had enough. He realised that stuff could've been worse and that he  needed to stay in tack with whats right and wrong. Angelique just sighed. Looking at the strongest person she knew, break like a baby infront of her. She bent down and placed her arms under his, lifted him with all her might,even if he was much bigger then her, he eventually stood up and couldnt stop crying. "I can't lose you"He whisperd despretly through sobs. Angelique wiped away the tears that kept streaming and hugged him, he clinged to her ,holding her crying,wishing he couldve seen his mistakes ealier, wishing he knew better and didnt push her to breaking point.  "Com'on, you need to rest otherwise you wont survive" Angelique said. Some how she also felt better, letting it all out. She felt drained too but was strong. "What ... what about you?" Zaxin whisperd as they walked upstairs. "I'm use to feeling like that. I'm used to crying." "Angel I don't feel good"   "Relax,just calm down I dont want to be the reason for your death"  Angelique lead him to her room, he didn't question, she opend the covers and looked at him. "Need a invitation?" He gently shook his head and got in. Angelique closed the bedroom door and got in the bed too,laying there Zaxin layd closer too her, "I'm sorry Angel"   "It's okay." "So what are we."     "Engaged"  "are you...."     "Well you did say....."   "okay"  "okay. My ring tho. Black diamonds. No other"    "I love black diamonds too"  "I remember you always did that's how I came to love them"    "I love you Angel. And I'm sorry I never said it enough."     Angelique could feel her heart beat calm, the anger fading, feeling more secure, love and accepted. Zaxin felt the same way.  "I love you Zaxin"      Zaxin began to spill some tears again , this time Angelique joining him. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" He said again. " I don't think forever would be long enough my Angel" She said to him. Together they both wiped eachothers tears realising that they didnt need to put up any walls.  "Come on, we both need some rest" Zaxin said and tured Angelique on her side, him being the big spoon and so they lay for a while.

Angelique woke up feeling warm, Zaxins breath in her neck, and infront of her lay a much smaller body cuddling her arm, Duncan. She silently smiled to herself. Zaxin pulling her closer and then wakeing. "Psst... look here" Angelique whisperd. Zaxin chuckled. Feeling truely happy they both lay and watch Duncan sleep.

They both knew they wanted a life with one another, have a family, travel. Be sucsessful together and be adventurous together. They loved eachother , they always had and always will.