Chapter 10

I wanted Zayn to be the first one to know about Eleanor, but for some reason, I couldn't reach him. I tried texting and calling multiple times, but it goes straight to voicemail.

I dropped onto my bed and have been here for a couple hours since I've gotten home around six. Zayn and I definitely need a drink, I thought.

Tossing and turning for the millionth time, I finally fell asleep.

"I have a boyfriend." the earlier occurrence repeats itself, but with the beautiful girl seemingly more confident now than a while ago.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I heard my own voice.

"You never were my type anyway," she giggled at her own words. "Guess I thought it was obvious."

Her words shot me straight in the chest, I could almost feel it bleeding. But what hurt the most was when her eyes lit up as her attention was taken by someone behind me.

"Here he is," she beamed with a huge grin on her face, before standing up and rushing straight to the person behind me.

When I finally dared myself to look at her boyfriend, all the blood was drained from me.

It was Harry Edward fucking Styles.

I woke up from such a dream with sweat dripping down my face. I don't know what it was that made me feel the worst... Is it because the earlier incident repeated? Is it because she laughed at my inconvenience? Or was it because her boyfriend was my supposed best friend?

At this point, I don't know what to think. I'm confused; I'm tired. I need to rest. But as I try to get some sleep, I couldn't.

I finally checked the time and it was 4:30, few more hours to cleanse my mind with relaxation. That is, if only I could actually get some sleep.

My mind flew to the possibilities of Harry actually dating Eleanor. I mean, at some points of us hanging out, he would just suddenly leave, claiming he has things to do. Maybe subconsciously, I've been noticing his actions and how they perfectly align with Eleanor's.

I mean, the possibilities are endless.

You're just tired, your thoughts are nonsense and overdramatic; I told myself. But as I slowly drifted back to unconsciousness, my mind flutters to the chances of my friends not actually being who they are, and are going behind my back instead of telling me what I have the right to know.

----

"Louis, pick up the phone! Wake up! I've done a bad thing, a very bad thing." Zayn cried in his voicemail. "Oh god, Louis. I'm so sorry I turned my phone off last night, I'm here to listen now, and I also have things to say."

I barely heard the rings until Zayn's voice filled my senses, slowly waking me up from my dreamless slumber. I groaned in protest, not wanting to wake up yet, until anxiety filled me up, wondering what Zayn has to say.

I reached for my phone, head aching slightly, and answered the call before he could even hang up. "What is it, Zayn?" I answered a tad coldly, voice coming out hoarse and laced with pain.

"Can I pick you up, on the way to school?" Zayn suggested instead, realizing he can't have a proper conversation on the phone. I agreed with the conditions of him bringing me home as well, since I wouldn't bring my car nor would I want to use a cab.

A simple breakfast, quick shower, and a half an hour long putting together my outfit later, Zayn arrived beeping embarrassingly loud outside my house. I got in and watched him fidgeting endlessly in his seat.