Chapter 5

A/N: This chapter just rotates in one scene, but it's quite longer than the other chappies. Hope you like it. :)

~

Chapter 5

Louis’ Point of View

“What just happened?” I mumbled to myself, strolling along the corridors towards the teacher’s lounge.

I smiled at myself; the pain in my chest shattering me a while ago seemed to disappear as Harry confronted me. Does this mean I get to have my best friend back? Is this the start where I can finally have a best friend I can rely on again?

I stepped inside the teacher’s lounge, leading my way to my table. Alright, maybe I did have a friend to rely on when Harry was gone. He was Zayn Malik.

Zayn is the closest friend I have right now, an English teacher and Art Club moderator. He was the only one to literally welcome me with open arms when I was new here. Since then, we always partner up whenever assignments were given to us and, obviously, we got closer.

I forgot to mention something about myself I should’ve said earlier. I’m not exactly straight. Yes, you weren’t hallucinating when I said that. I’ve had a few girlfriends back and they were nice and lovely. Don’t get me wrong, I like females despite getting my heart broken by a few of them before. In fact, I still fancy some of them, unfortunately, I fancy guys, too. I think they call it being… Bisexual.

Back to the story at hand, Zayn knew that about me and he doesn’t care. A nice lad, he is. He didn’t look me differently when I told him I got a ‘thing for guys’. He wasn’t scared that I might fancy him and if I did, “so what?” he mentioned once. Don’t worry, I never did.

I rearranged the papers I held for the audition on my desk and took a seat. Zayn wasn’t present this time, so I got no one to talk to at the moment. I simply reread the documents as I waited for the black haired co-teacher of mine.

Moments later, I was nudged in the head back to consciousness. “Hey, mate!” Zayn laughed, as he took a seat beside me. “Sleepy?” He queried.

I glanced at my watched, before rubbing a hand across my face. Right then, I noticed I’ve been asleep for ten minutes during my break as I waited for this friend of mine. “Yeah.” I muttered, looking into his chocolate brown eyes. “You seem so happy today? What is it?” I asked him.

“Well…” He trailed off, avoiding my gaze as he smiled widely and a soft pink color rose to his cheeks. “I was just with Perrie.” He hid his face in his hands, elbows rested on the desk. “I really am in love, Lou.” He muttered.

His words sent shivers down my spine, finding his sentence fluttering and sweet despite it not for me. As I said, I don’t nor ever will fancy this co-teacher in front of me; therefore I am whole-heartedly happy for them. They have been in a long distance relationship for quite some time now, and it had been hard for both of them. However, they will always have time to visit each other once in a while.

Despite having the girl of his dreams, Zayn insists that every time they’re together he just falls in love all over again. It’s cute, right?

That’s what I’ve wanted ever since puberty hit me. I wanted to spend my days falling for a girl every single time I see her and she gets to love me back. A fairytale ending for both of us! Everything changed when my first real love, Hannah, ended what we had. Yep, my very first heart break.

Since then, I started fancying guys as well, as said a while ago. I few more girlfriends come and go, but not as serious as my first.

“Why can’t I?” I pouted, taking Zayn’s attention back to me. “I’m this lonely disguise for a teacher.”

“Hey…” Zayn stated, resting a hand on my shoulder. “You’ll find someone. Maybe you’ve seen her before and just didn’t recognize that she’s perfect for you, you know? You’ll find her, Lou. You’re a great lad.”

I smiled at him as he comforted me with a pat on the back. I nodded.

“Or him…” He added with a wink, as he remembered my likes our conversation from before. I unknowingly smiled, just before the door opened revealing a curly haired lad. I stretched my arm over my head to call him, and he smiled upon noticing me and made his way to us.

“Zayn, this is Harry. Harry, Zayn.” I introduced them both lads, as the taller one dragged a seat closer to us. The three of us chatted for a couple of minutes until Harry left us and it was back to Zayn and I.

My brown-eyed friend wriggled his eyebrows with a smirk playing on his lips.

“What?” I defended, biting my lower lip to hide a smile, although I failed on doing so.

Zayn sat back into his seat and chuckled, “Harry, aye?” He winked.

“No!” I protested right away, not wanting him to think that I fancy Harry in any way possible. “I don’t like him. We were just childhood buddies.” I explained.

“If you say so.” He shrugged off the talk and soon he bid goodbye as we both prepared for our next class.

Is there a possibility I’d like Harry to be more than my best friend? Is it why it stung too much when he left? I shut my eyes for a moment, as I shook my thoughts away. “No. There can’t be and never will.” I muttered.