Chapter 1

A familiar curly haired lad stepped inside the school campus. Wearing a black Ramone’s shirt, skin tight jeans, a pair of converse and a cute beanie, the boy sought attention. All eyes were on him as he flashed a smile to greet his past teacher, Ms. Flack.

His name is Harry Styles, by the way, a former captain of the school’s football team. After graduation, the school officials knew he would be a great loss, so they asked him to fill the positions as the new football coach and gym teacher, which he freely accepted.

As he walked along the corridor, you could easily see everyone’s intense stares at the muscular lad. Some girls would even unknowingly fan their hands near their faces or lose their breaths when having eye contact with the green-eyed young man. While guys, on the other hand, simply look up to him like they want him to be their partners-in-crime… Or best friend.

He didn’t care about the attention he was having, though.

He liked it…

“Harry?” A junior cheerleader called out from behind. The lad looked around, searching for where the voice came from. Suddenly, a girl walked towards him, her top hanging just above her stomach and skirt flowing about five inches above her knees. “Harry, it’s me! Trinity Andrews. Y-Your ex girlfriend?” She uttered with a smile.

The young, new teacher stared at the girl’s blue eyes to her lips down to her chest, biting his lip. Yep, he’s pretty immature for his age. He shook his head, snapping himself from his own gaze. “I’m sorry, ‘Trinity’. I don’t remember.” He replied, eyebrows furrowed. “I’m a teacher now, and I guess you should call me --.”

“Mr. Styles!” He was cut off by a man, who peeked out from an office, wearing a formal shirt with three-fourth sleeves and black pants. “Come over here.” He stated smiling, as he gently rested an arm around Harry’s shoulders.

As both entered the room, the man shut the door behind him. “Have a seat.” He said, gesturing the lad towards a chair on the other side of the table. The man before him was Manchester High’s principal, Simon Cowell. The two discussed Harry’s schedule, classes his handling, and about the tryouts he’ll be conducting for the week. After half an hour or so, he left and prepared himself for his first class.

----

On the other side of the school was the drama department headed by Louis Tomlinson. Being the sassy person that he is, he had taken Boris Douglas’ position as the head of drama, after just a year of proving himself by standing out of the group of teachers.

Louis is also an alumnus of Manchester High; after university, he decided to teach back to where he spent half his life at. Some people say he came back just to check out the new best student diver of the school, Tom Daley. Some say he just missed the school and some teachers in it. No one really knows for sure; although, he is back and that’s a fact.

“NEXT!” He shouted, covering his face with both hands as he groaned in frustration.

He has been holding an audition for a few hours now, but still hasn’t found the right leading man to act on a certain role. Thankfully, the position of the leading lady has been filled by a gorgeous curly haired girl, Danielle Peazer.

“Uhmm, Sir Tomlinson?” A young man murmured, embracing his fingers around a microphone nearing it to his lips. He stood flawlessly on the stage, nervous for the audition. Louis removed his hands from his face and eyed on the pretty boy with trembling knees.

“Name?” He simply stated, already thinking about giving the role to him. His looks are already in, all he needs is skills – he thought.

“Liam Payne, sir.” The boy answered. Louis scribbled something on his paper – probably, boy’s name – and nodded his head, indicating the start of his act.

Liam was given a sheet of paper to read and practice for just a couple of minutes. After a while, he started acting with Ms. Peazer as his leading lady, of course.

--

“Why me?!” Danielle cried, pushing Liam to back away from his tight grip. “Of all the damn people, why does it have to be me, Jonathan?!”

“I don’t have to explain, Mariah! You had caught my heart’s attention.” He said, gradually lowering his tone and pronouncing the last syllable with gentleness. “Don’t you get it? I’m in love with you!”

Danielle’s eyebrows furrowed and her body tensed up. “What?”  She stated, questionably. “It’s not that easy…”

“I couldn’t care less.” Liam slowly took a step near her, as she hadn’t moved a bit. Liam caressed her cheek, before lifting her chin to have proper eye connection with the curly haired girl. Their lips were just inches apart until an applause cut their act.

--

“Magnificent!” Louis commented, jerking up from his chair and clapping happily. The two immediately averted each other’s gaze and it was pretty awkward on the stage. “The intensity is there! The audience would see it!”

The head of drama sat down and let out a sigh of relief as the pair walked out to the backstage, happily. Mr. Tomlinson just knew there was something in them – a spark – and he’ll be definitely happy to help them dig in the relationship.

He piled up his things and glanced at his watch – a quarter past six. He slowly walked out of the drama department and along the corridor, rethinking about the scene he watched a while ago. They were great. Yes, it took him a lot of time, but Liam Payne was worth the wait – anything for his play.