Tenth Chapter

"Williana! God Williana please wake up!" he hissed for the nth time. They are on an ambulance right now and are on the way to the hospital. He looked at her face and he swore repeatedly. He remembered when he saw her hit by that damn car and he felt his heart stop beating. He stood frozen for a few moment before he rushed to her side. He didn't know what to do when he saw her body covered with blood lying on the street. He felt cold as he saw her thigh with blood. Their child. He thought of their child and scream his agony. He didn't notice when the medical team and the police arrives. He seems oblivious to his surroundings, he even barely knew when they got in the ambulance. And now he is holding her hand, asking her to wake up because seeing her eyes shut makes him fear for her life. He cannot afford to lose her. Not now, not ever. He has alot to tell her. He has to apologize for the jerk and idiot that he was five years ago. He has to make up for the pain and sufferings she went through because of his stupidity. He also has to ask her to marry him and start again with their child. He has to tell her, God! But he has to tell her how much she means to him. A tear escaped from his eyes.

"Vlad" he snapped back and looked at her cousin. So she is here. He didn't noticed her.

"Bella called" she continued.

"She is also on her way to the hospital" she informed him which only earns a nod from him.

"She will be alright" she assured him as she taps his shoulder. He sure hopes so because he couldn't even bear to think of the alternative.

She woke up feeling a throbing pain in her head. She was dazed for a moment before she remembered what happened. She automatically touch her tummy.

"You're awake" she heard his voice and saw him beside her.

"My baby" she said with fear.

"Our baby is safe" then she found herself enveloped in his arms.

"What are you---" but he cut her.

"You scare the hell out of me" he said with so much intensity before she felt him trembles.

"Vlad" she gently called him before she felt her tears.

"Shhh... It's alright now" she heard him whisper before he gently push her to face him. He wiped her tears.

"I'm sorry" he said confusing her.

"Why? It is not your fault this accident happen" she told him.

"No. I am sorry for what I did before. Sorry for breaking you and your family just because I choose to believe your sister's lies. I should have ask you then. I have been with you and I have seen how kind and honest you are but still I choose to think worse of you" That apology and admittance surprised her. She didn't think she would hear it from Vlad. She felt him change his treatment of her after he learned of the truth but he never did apologize for it.

"Vlad.."

"Let me make it up to you. Marry me Will" To say that she was shocked was an understatement. She couldn't believe what she heard. She stared at him, as if waiting for him to retract what he just said. But he did not.

"Isn't it funny for us to get married after we divorced? Haven't you learned from that mistake of a marriage we had? We married each other before to save our family's reputation and it ended painfully. Now you are asking me to marry you because you think it will make up for that previous mistake?" she saw how he was about to argue but she spoke immediately.

"No Vlad. I am not marrying you again. I don't want to make another mistake" she said with finality.

"But can't you see that this time our situation is different? We have a child to consider" He has to make his point. He cannot let her be on her own. Not when she was carrying his child. He must also admit that he likes her. Even before, years ago when they got married and he got to know her. He became easily attracted to her beauty but he also found it nice and adorable how kind and caring she is. He can easily talk to her and she seems to understand him. If not for her sister's lies they might have been having a happy family for years now. But it is not too late. They are having a child and he still wants to have that family with her. Despite everything he still likes her. He didn't know what it is that makes him like her but he sure as hell know that the feeling, the fondness and the protective instinct she ignites in him wouldn't go away easily. That is why he wanted to marry her and give their marriage another shot.

"The more reason that we should not get married. Once we realized how wrong it was to be together then it would also affect our child. It is better for him to grow knowing that we are not like normal parents. We can tolerate each other but we didn't love each other. I don't want him to compare our family with others and see that there is something wrong. If we can make him understand at a young age how different our situation is then it wouldn't be too hard for him" she reasoned out which doesn't makes sense for him.

"We are not just merely tolerating each other. I like you" he defended.

"Yes you might like me and I might like you too but that is not enough. I know you still didn't trust me. I can feel how you keep your distance. You are being cautious. Trust is an important factor in marriage. There is also the fact that we argue alot" After saying that she saw his surprised. He seem at lost for words and she felt somehow disappointed for proving herself right.

"It would only be wrong to enter marriage again. What we have to do is to be good parents to our child even without being together" she concluded.

Vlad wanted to argue but think better of it after seeing her tired expression. They would discuss the matter some other time and he also need to make her understand why he acted reserve around her and so he conceded.

"I think I shouldn't have exhaust you with that discussion. I even forgot to ask if you want to eat. How can I be so careless?" and he just realized that he really is a jerk for subjecting her to that kind of pressure after she just woke up.

"Now that you mentioned food I feel hungry" she admitted. And just like that they let their heated conversation rest.

A week after...

"Are you sure you're coming with me?" Williana ask him.

"I told you haven't I? I also wanted some time off work. And I think being around kids will help me prepare for becoming a father real soon" he assured her. They are on their way to the orphanage where her company decided to donate for their CSR activity.

"She would be a good mother" he heard one of the nuns said. He can't help but smile as he watch the mother of his child play enthusiatically with little orphans.

"The man she would marry would be so lucky. She seems to be a woman who loves unconditionally" he look at her and he felt his chest constrict with so much affection for the woman who will be the mother of his unborn child. Without so much thought he quickly walk to her.

"Will you just please marry me again?" he blurted out. He didn't know what has gotten into him but he felt like he should ask her.

"Vlad, it is not the time for that. And I believe I already told you my answer" she said not looking at him and only focusing on the child she was holding. He simply turn and walk away from her because he felt very disappointed at the moment.