Eight Chapter

"Will" Les called from the other line. By the sound of her voice she can tell that there is a problem.

"What is it Les?" she inquired.

"They are selling the house" Les didn't have to identify which house it was because there is only one house that means so much to her.

"Why? I mean I already talked to Raf years ago. I will buy it back. Why are they selling it now?" she can't understand. She had already asked her friend Rafael to keep it before she has enough to buy it back. He promised her they will not put the house on sale.

"I think it is due to their business. Hensans Corporation is not doing well right now. They might need money to support it and bring it back to the competition" After hearing that, she recalled reading in a newspaper of the bad investment the Santillans have made. There is also a serious problem with the Hensans COrporation. She called Raf about it a month ago and he said it is not as serious as what the newspapers made it but now it seems that those articles are true.

"I will call him. I have to talk to him Les" and with that she dialed Rafael's number.

"I told you Will, you can't go to that man. Don't test my patience" he warned her after she informed her of her appointment. She actually didn't plan on telling him but he saw her as she was about to open her car's door.

"And I told you as well that you cannot dictate me. I am not known to obey other people's command" with that said she rode her car and called her friend to confirm their meeting.

"Hello Raf, I'm on my way"

(Okay. I'll wait for you. Drive safely) and that ended their phone conversation.

Meanwhile, Vlad being unsatisfied with Williana's response to him decided to follow the woman.

"Hello Raf. I'm sorry I'm a bit late, I just have to settle some thing" she quickly ammended upon seeing her childhood friend.

"It's okay. You know I can always wait for you" Rafael answered as he kissed her hand.

"Well you can stop waiting for her right now. She's pregnant and she is having my child" Vladimir intervined which was not appreciated by Williana.

"I think you misunderstood me" Rafael tried to explain.

"Well then, I still hope you got my message clearly. Stay away from Williana" he emphasized to the man who then turned to her.

"I'm really sorry we had to sell your house but I will try to keep it as much as I can" and with that he left them.

"What the hell Vlad! Why did you shoo him away? I need him" she shouted. How can he do that? Rafael is her only way to secure her father's house. She knew that the Santillan family will not give her the chance of having the house back if not for Rafael who help them in the past. She's fortunate that he is her friend and is willing to explain to them how much the house means to her. But Vladimir blew her chance.

"You are carrying my child Williana and while you are the mother of my baby I will not allow you to see another man. I will be the only man you and my child will need" he said with so much intensity that it makes her more mad. She's just his child's mother. That is all he cared for.

"The hell with your ego Vlad! I need Rafael to get that house. I wanted to save what little memory of happiness I have with my father. And you blew everything. I won't forgive you" she said angrily.

"I will give you that damn house. So stop seeing that man and be a good mother of my child" he commanded airily.

"You still don't get it, do you?" she ask with resignation.

"I want that house and I promise to buy it back on my own. And let me clear this to you, I maybe pregnant with your child but I will never dance according to your tune. I've got my own life and for the record, you don't own me. You are not my friend, nor my husband or a family. You are just my baby's father so stop medling with my life" she told him before she quickly leave the room.

Vladimir was left with so much to think of. Then he decided to talk to his uncle about buying the house. No matter what Williana might think, he will not let her deal with that man. If she really want to buy the house on her own then she would have to buy it from him. With that settled, he drove to his uncle's office.

He was done explaining everything to his uncle when he sighed deeply. He thought of his situation with Williana. It seems that they usually argues alot. He know that it is not good to upset her but he cannot help it when she became difficult and irrational. He didn't like it. He wanted to live peacefully with her. He wanted them to wait together for their child to be born. He wanted to see that genuine and gentle smile she wore way back then whenever he gave her simple things. He wanted that adoration he saw in her eyes when she was still his wife. He wanted what they have before her sister's lie destroyed them, before he destroyed her. Damn! But he think it was his fault.

"It is about the girl, isn't it?" Vlad is still surprised that his uncle know him that much.

"I..." there is no point denying it. With a resigned sigh he nodded.

"You're still not in good terms with her? Why?" He cannot give him any response for he, himself, didn't know why. Yes he kept his distance from her. He still find it frightening to let anyone wield the power to control his life and his afraid that Williana can have that power if he allowed.

"You are greatly scarred by your parents' marriage" stated his uncle.

"I don't want to be as helpless and as petty as my father" he admitted.

"You compare your woman with your mother then. Do you think she can do the same?" that question surprised him but he knew the answer to that even before he uttered it.

"No she isn't like her. She's different from her" he said automatically. His uncle smiles as if knowing something he didn't.

"Then why be afraid of showing her how much you care? I know she's special to you but I don't think she knew. Perhaps she needs to feel that she can trust and rely on you"

"But..." he started but cannot find the words to continue.

"It's either you fix this thing between you or you let her go" He all but stared at his uncle.

"Perhaps this is how it should be" he finally said.

"No matter what you choose Vlad, always remember that I only wanted you to be happy. I also wanted you to forgive your mother's mistake. I'm asking you this not for her sake but for you. You deserve to be free. You deserve to be happy" his uncle hug him then.