2. Natsu's Birthday

Start from the beginning

It was going to be Natsu's birthday tomorrow?  How come he hadn't told her about it?  Come to think of it, Lucy felt bad for not knowing his birthday, after all the times he celebrated hers.

Lucy pumped a fist into the air next to her determinedly.  She was going to get the best present for him!  Especially since he had been so nice to her with her birthdays!

Yosh!  It's settled!  Lucy thought, smirking excitedly.  Now just to find out what to do...

"Are you thinking about Natsu, Lucy?"

Lucy was jerked from her thoughts, and saw that Mira was smiling a little too friendly at her.

"W-What?"  Lucy replied, surprised at Mirajane's reply.

Mira winked at her.

Puzzled, Lucy looked at Mira confusedly.  "I don't know what you mean, Mira..."

Mira laughed again, waving the subject off.  "Oh well; see you later, Lucy."

Lucy watched Mira go, her expression questionable.

What does that crafty woman think she's doing?  Lucy wondered, narrowing her eyes.  I'll have to keep an eye on her just incase...

Lucy did, however, puff out her cheeks sassily and blush slightly, her face defiant.  And what does she mean, me thinking about Natsu?  In what way did that devil Mira mean?  She better not have been referring to--  Lucy's cheeks turned bright red, and she shook her head vigorously to clear her mind.

D-Devil Mira!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Lucy decided to head on home to find some ideas on what to do for Natsu's birthday.  She was already counting ideas off on her fingers, walking dangerously close along the ravine filled with water.

"Don't fall in, Lucy-chan~!"  the men in the boat singed.

Lucy smiled at them.  "I'm alright!"

Continuing on her way, Lucy reached her apartment, grabbing her keys to open the door quickly.  As the door creaked open, Lucy's eyes suddenly became small white circles of shock, and she stood there.  Food and other belongings of Lucy's were being thrown across the hallway, right in front of her.

It was then that an angry tick mark appeared above Lucy's head, and she clenched her fist tightly.  Stomping into her living room, she saw Natsu and Happy going through her belongings, being the nosy bastards they always were.

"Natsu!"  Lucy screeched at the top of her lungs.  "Happy!"

The two froze instantly, flinching as their names were called loudly.  Slowly, they turned around, squeaking noises like rusted metal ringing through the air as they did so.

"Busted..."  Happy mewed, his voice a murmur.

Lucy looked around the room angrily, her hands on her hips as she surveyed the scene before her.  

Her sheets were rumpled and halfway on the floor, with her pillows rumpled and all over the bed.  Books were off her shelf, some across the room while most were under the bookshelf right next to her desk.  Which, of course, Lucy's desk was also touched.  Her story was moved, and the ink spilled on the table and seat.  Her clothes were spread across the furniture, and when she saw visible underclothes scattered around, her face leveled to a red apple, steam coming out of her ears.

"What did you do?!"  Lucy exclaimed, her voice rising.  "How many times do I have to tell you to not go through my things?!"

Natsu rubbed the back of his head, embarrassed.  "We were just curious--"