13. War of Hearts

Start from the beginning

If it wasn't for the head start he had, I would have been able to catch him. I was after all faster than him, but barely did he beat me into S.T.A.R. Labs. I was practically right behind him when he stopped in the main lab, barely mumbling Cisco's name before I slam into him, the two of us toppling to the floor.

I hear Cisco and Caitlin gasp behind me as I quickly pin Barry back up against the wall, but it was already all too late. This Barry being here already screwed up the whole time line and everything else that Barry and I were trying to avoid here.

"What is going on!" Caitlin shouts as she jogs over, her heals clicking against the tile. She stops moving when I glance over my shoulder at her, giving her a look telling her to stop, which she does.

Barry starts rambling. "Where's the other one? The guy that looks exactly like me-"

"Shut up!" I scream in his face, my head spinning. I wish my Barry was here to fix this, because I had no idea what to do. I wasn't even supposed to be seen. "Shit, this isn't good at all."

"Let him go."

I look over my shoulder then to see Barry standing there in the doorway, only causing the looks of everyones faces to drop. I do as he says as I let Barry go, his eyes frozen on the other Barry. I didn't blame him. Must be weird to see yourself in that type of way.

"Who are you?" Barry points as he walks around me.

Caitlin points back at the Barry that said that. "I think the real question is who are you?"

"What? I'm Barry!" he shouts, looking back over at my Barry. "He's not Barry."

"Actually I am Barry."

I put my hands on top of my head. "Oh dear Lord."

"This is tripping me out man," Cisco says, holding his hands out. He looks between the two of them before looking over at me. "Now that we know that there are in fact two Barry's, who's she?"

Eobard speaks first, wheeling forwards in his chair. "Okay that doesn't matter, but um, how or why exactly are you here...Barry number two?"

My Barry sighs as he glances over at me. "The simplest way I can say this is that we're from the uh...future."

"F-Fut-ture," Barry gasps, looking down at Eobard. "A-Are we saying that I-I can t-time travel?"

"Someday," Barry says, nodding. "I'm sorry, the dart that Caitlin gave me was supposed to last longer-"

"I didn't give him a dart, I swear," Caitlin says, holding her hands up.

I throw my hands into the air before walking over to Barry. "I'll be outside; this is giving me too much of a headache right now."

The other Barry calls after me. "You never answered us about who you are?"

I look back at him, raising my eyebrow. "It doesn't matter. You'll learn my name someday."

He gives me a strange look before I walk around the corner and lean up against the wall, sitting as I tried to process my thoughts. I really did hate this time traveling thing, especially when it came to meeting yourself like Barry and Barry just now did. I'm not even sure where I would begin to start if I had been face to face with my own self.

Time travel was overrated.

-*+*-

10 years ago

Jay was avoiding me.

Ever since he confronted me about that robbery, he hasn't said a word to me, let along looked me in the eye. In all honesty, he was barely even around anymore. He hasn't asked me to come along with him lately, and that worried me. I know that he can hold his own, but there was always that what if factor that plagued my mind.