22 ~ yule ball preparations

'The yule ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since it's inception.  On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity.'

Dracos face was filled with boredness. You smiled and him and he smiled back.

'As representatives of the hosts school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward... and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost a dance.'

There was talking through the room. Everyone was asking each other who they were going to ask. You just looked at Draco who rolled his eyes at a remark of Vincent.

'Silence!' McGonagall spoke.

Silence filled the room.

'The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly ten centuries.'

Always those Gryffindors...

'I will not have you in the cost of a single evening besmirching that name behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons.'

Gorge and Fred whispered something and then repeated babbling bumbling band of baboons three times. You sighed and rolled your eyes.

'Now to dance is to let the body... breathe. Inside every girl a swan of slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight.'

Of couse... Draco grinned at you. Ron made a comment which you could hardly understand.

'Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance.'

You smirked at Draco who rolled his eyes.

'Mister Weasley.' McGonagall spoke while walking towards him.

'Yes.' He spoke softly.

'Will you join me please?'

He got up slowly and walked with McGonagall. This was going to be good.

'Now, place your right hand on my waist.'

'Where?' He asked.

You grinned with some other students.

'My waist.'

Fred and gorge whistled at Ron and students started laughing and talking.

'One, two, three.' McGonagall spoke leading Ron over the floor.

You couldn't help but laugh and your friends joined in. It looked so awkward.

'Everybody come together. Boys on your feet!'

You got up with the rest of the girls. No boy was excited to get up. Draco was the first one to get up. Everyone looked at him and he offered you his hand. You smiled and grabbed it. He led you to the floor.

'Show me that secret swan of slumbers.' He whispered.

'Sure, if you show me your inner lion.' You smirked.

You started dancing and weren't ashamed at all since you both knew how to dance. He turned your around and you smiled at him.

'Very good! Very good! Who's going to join?'

Slowly more students joined in. You heard people complain about standing on each others feet while you and Draco just enjoyed. You smiled and the music stopped.

'Keep practising and don't forget to ask someone! You don't want to be going alone. Class dismissed.' McGonagall spoke.

You tangled your fingers with Dracos and left the classroom.