Prolouge

Dark. For the longest time, that was all I could see. An empty space of open air, lonely, cold. It had been this way for the past few days. Aphmau was used to it, the darkness no longer scared her. She wasn't very sure how she happened to get herself into this situation, neither was she about getting out. But, she thought it over as time passed.

~~~Flashback~~~

(A/N She's 9 currently right now)
I was cold, very cold. After mom and dad told me to leave, I had been lost. But, to my luck, I found a small, somewhat closed, old, pizzeria. The brightly colored sign created a nice setting, so I decided to stay in there for the night. As I walked in a small amount of buzzing could be heard and, scared, I looked around.

"Hello? Is anyone here?"

Silence filled the air as I started to shake. I walked around, nervous and cautious, my brain picking my next steps as my body quivered. Walking into a open room, I saw what probably was a cafeteria of some sort. Leftover paper plates and cups were scattered everywhere, and empty boxes of pizza created a challenge. Climbing over a big pile of boxes, I saw a empty stage. I quickly moved to sit on the stage, as I was becoming tired. Staring off into the distant corridor, I saw something. A deep purple pair of eyes staring right back at me. The face I can't make out glared at me, as I glared back.

"I see you." I shook, fighting the urge to go him.

"Yes, come here." His voice rang out as I walked un-willingly toward him.

"Hug me, Aph. Didn't you miss me..?"
The voice called as I soon stood in front of him.

"W-Who are you?" I fought back the urge to hug him.

"It doesn't matter. Now, you know me, so, could I please get a reunion hug?"

Slowly but surely I went to hug him. As his arms came around my neck, I found something cold pressed against my throat.

"Move and you die." He growled, as I stopped shaking. He turned me around, still holding the knife to my neck then forced me to walk forward. We walked to the stage, soon on the floor of it.

"Remember the day you left?" He said with a sinister grin.

"Your friends were protecting you, those dumb children. They thought they could keep you away. From Him, from me, and from the harm in the world. But, they are different now, shifters, like you will be soon." He laughed as my face scrunched up, in hope I wouldn't cry.

"What's the date." He asked nonchalantly, tapping his foot.

"I-I-Its the 16 of October..."

"Your birthday... hmm. This'll be fun."
He took a small step back, still holding the knife to my throat.

"Well princess, Welcome to the real world." He said as he shoved me into the knife and everything went black.