In The Ending

Bumblebee's p.o.v

Smokescreen's health had somewhat improved. He was still coughing a little and was achy in some wiring, but better nonetheless. My limp had gotten better, but by the end of the day my leg was really sore and my limping got continuously worse. Though, Arcee helped me take care of it before I rested. Arrow had been helping Smokescreen either hurl into a bucket, or simply making sure he was taking correct amounts of energon and so on. Though, today was special for me. I was finally able to go back out driving. Even transform for that matter. It had been an entire two weeks since I have been able to do so. The last time I tried to do any sort of physical activity, I was yelled at. 

"Bee!" I looked to the railing. Raf's eyes were practically glowing. He was obviously just as excited as I was to finally be getting out of the base. Well, with me anyway. 

"Are you ready?" 

Raf leaned down, snagging his race car and controller from where it sat on their couch. He scurried down the steps to stop at my peds, looking up at me once more. "I have never been more ready in my life." I chuckled in response. I looked to my Sire who eyed us. 

"Where are you boys going?" He rose an optic brow at us.

"Uh, we want to go try out Raf's toy car. We put suspension in it so we wanted to test drive it again. You said I was released finally so now is the perfect time to go," I explained, hoping he hadn't suddenly changed his mind. Ratch hummed as he looked between the both of us. I noticed his optics lingered on my leg a little too long. He sighed as he looked over to Smokescreen who was flirting with Arrow. He rolled his optics at my older brother before crossing his arms. 

"Smokescreen, accompany Raf and Bumblebee," Ratchet ordered. I rolled my optics. 

"Sire, he doesn't have to come along. Raf and I will be just fine," I countered. I didn't want to break up the little flirting match Smokescreen was having with Arrow. Nor did I want to hear what he was missing out on while he was with Raf and I. 

"I second that, Bumblebee," Optimus stepped in. 

Smokescreen sighed as he pecked Arrow's cheekplating, I could tell she ushered him to go with us. She was nice like that. Instead, she joined Arcee in a conversation. My bot looking at me and smiling. A smile that told me to be safe, and not do anything stupid. I smiled back at her, reassuring her I would try not to. 

"What's the plan my brother?"

I looked down to Raf then back up to Smokey, "we're gonna go to the canyons. We need to test drive Raf's toy car. We have been tweaking it for a little while." Smokescreen cracked his servos' knuckles in excitement. 

"Say no more. Let's roll out!" I merely gave him a look before transforming, allowing Raf to climb in with his newly improved car. Smokescreen transformed behind me, following my lead. 

"Be careful boys, and don't have too much fun," Ratchet called after us. Smokescreen and I both honked back at him in response, telling him we understood. 

When we finally made it to our isolated canyon spot, we transformed. Raf sat down his car and climbed on top of a bigger boulder. I had to scoot him up it a bit with a digit. Though, he finally settled down on top the rock, his legs crossed. Smokescreen walked over to the edge of the canon, peering down into the bottom as the sun was setting. The bottom of the canyon becoming dark with the shadows. 

Raf's car sped through the almost orange dirt that covered the Earth. I watched intently as he made it swerve through debris, though he began to go for a bigger rock, this was the test. The car made contact with the rock, and it went sideways, but managed to stay up. The suspension was just enough. It finally worked. We both cheered as the car continued to speed through the desert floor. Raf continued playing around, but I stood back to full height and made my way over to Smokescreen. 

I stood close to him, "can I ask you something?" His question caught me off guard as I looked at him. My optics spun slowly, he continued looking to the sunset. 

"Anything, Smokey," I was a little nervous. 

-Do you love me?- The question of course caught me off guard. What kind of question was that?   -Bee, don't overthink it. I can feel your wheels spinning-

-Of course I do, Smokey. Why would I not?-

-All that time apart. And I know we've gotten closer. But, did you ever think that maybe you were better off? That you didn't need to find me?-

"Smokescreen, you need to hear this out loud. I love you," my servos were on his shoulder plating. His form facing me now. The sun setting casted our shadows next to us. "There was always something missing from me, and it was not just my voice box. You mean a whole lot more to me than meets the eye. You will never know how much you have changed me for the better. I needed my brother."

Smokescreen's optics finally met mine. "You mean it?"

"I will engrave it into your arm if you ever ask it again."

"Thank you, Bee. There is no other bot that could live up to you."

"You are that other bot."

Smokescreen wrapped his arms around me, and I returned it. My doorwings flattened, relaxing. I was finally whole. 

The End