⚜️Chapter:11 'YOU OWE ME!'⚜️

Start from the beginning

Carter left me standing there as he went towards the girl, carefully. I felt unsafe without his presence beside me. "Climb over my back, quickly!" Carter told the little girl and she climbed over his back. "Good!" He came towards me and wrapped an arm around me as he walked slowly with the two of us sticking to him.

The fire had spread a lot more than it was before and there was no route out. We couldn't breath. It felt like I was going to die. Suicide was a total different thing but seeing death so close to me without any warning made me scared to the edge. "Let's go there!" He pointed towards the window. That was probably the only wall that hadn't caught the fire yet.

"Hey! We need a ladder!" He shouted after opening the window. "Oh my god, Sophia! Carter! Please come down! Fast!" Lia screamed from down. I sighed. At least, she was out!

A ladder was placed upwards. It was short and couldn't reach the window but was good than nothing. People held it from the ground and Carter forced me to climb down first. He sent the little girl above me and we both reached to the ground safely.

The girl ran towards who I assumed was her mother and hugged her tightly. Lia came running towards me. "Thank god you are okay! Are you really okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine but... Carter! Where is Carter?" I looked towards the window and what I could see were flames of fire. "God, Carter! Where did you go?" I screamed.

"Oh my god! Somebody go and save him. My friend is inside." I yelled but nobody moved. "Carter!" I called out again. I don't know what came over me! It just felt like I'm going to lose someone important. "Where are the fire extinguishers? Why aren't they here yet?"

Though he was my bully and we didn't like each other but I couldn't let him die like that. He saved me after all. I decided to go inside the mall. Lia came running to me. "Are you crazy Sophia? Do you want to die?" She grabbed my arm.

"Lia, Carter is inside! We must help him Lia. He'll die!" My heartbeats were faster than ever. I couldn't breath properly. But I couldn't let him die this way. There might be something I could do. 

"You, will help me?" I heard Carter from behind me. I turned around and saw him smirking. How could he smirk in such a situation?

I went to him and did the most unexpected thing. Without thinking I slapped him hard on the cheek. "Owww!" He said. I heard every body around gasped.

"Where did you go?" I asked him, my voice demanding. Did I tell you, I can slap really hard? The pain wouldn't go for days. His hand reached up as he rubbed his cheek with it while he gestured towards an old lady standing beside him.

But then I registered what I had done. How can I do that to him? How can I slap Carter Reece?How?

He is going to kill me.....

I should say sorry.....

Say sorry Sophia!

"S-s-sorry..." I hugged him, tightly but he pushed me back.

"Are you okay, Sparkle? You are acting very.... un-Sophialy?"

"No, I think I've gone mad. I don't know w-what I'm doing-I just-ukh-Thank god, you are safe!" I sighed. "I don't know what's coming out of my mouth. Alabalalalalasas....atapolakilalalasrisata... ...mananadasadana.......look I don't know what I'm speaking."