⚜️Chapter:11 'YOU OWE ME!'⚜️

Start from the beginning

"Sophia! Come on! Come out quickly. I don't know what has happened but these people are evacuating the mall. God! What's taking you so long?" I heard Lia shouting on top of her lungs.

Fuck the dress!

I decided to change into my own clothes and get out of this fitted dress. I tried to pull the zip down.

Pull....

Pull.....

Pull.....

Urghhh! This would neither go up nor down!

"I'm waiting outside the shop, Sophia! They aren't letting me stay here!" Lia's distant voice rang.

There was bedlam in the shop and I could hear the voices of people yelling at each other. Some were fighting and some were searching for there kids. The alarm continued to ring creating more chaos to the situation.

"Please evacuate the area as soon as possible. Leave all your belongings here and leave the mall." A voice boomed from the speakers. But I was stuck there. I couldn't go out from the room as half of my body was showing.

I sniffed the air sending something strange. I could smell something burning but before I could figure out anything else somebody banged on the door. Very loudly. "Sparkle! Open the door!" Came Carter's demanding voice. Saying that I was utterly shocked would be an understatement. How did he come here?

"I can't.... I'm changing."

"How much time does it require to change?! Are you opening the door or should I break it?" He barked.

"Cc-Carter, the zip is stuck. I can't pull it down or even up."

"Open the f*cking door Sophia!" There was only his voice now. Every body had left now and we were alone in the shop. I couldn't help but get scared.

I opened the door slightly and peeped outside. "Oh God Sparkle! It's just me!" Carter pushed open the door and turned me around. His hands reached up as he removed my hair from my back sending chills throughout my body. He pulled the zip upward in order to close it but due to his over efficiency the zip broke completely.

A giggle escaped my mouth. "Are you crazy?! Your life is in danger and you have the audacity to giggle?" He brought a scarf from God knows where and wrapped it around the exposed part of my body. I felt protected and safe.

"Ll-ife in danger-" I started.

"Shut up and come with me!" He pulled me harshly along with him as he took me out of the shop. My breath got caught in the middle and my eyes widened. There was fire. Everywhere. The whole building was burning. I gulped as my grip tightened around Carter's hand who was looking around. It was getting immensely hot there. To watch something was extremely difficult due to the amount of smoke.

He pulled me closer to him as he spoke, "just relax, okay. I'll figure the way out!" I gave him a single nod. "Mom!" Our heads turned towards the cry of a kid.

"Shit!" Carter exclaimed as he dragged me with him. He ran towards the backside of the floor and there we found a small girl. Her mouth was curled downwards as she cried, "Mom! Mom, left me h-h-e-ere..."