Changes over time

England watched trees pass rapidly past him, the large green rushing blur left England grimacing in discomfort. Opening the window of the cab, the driver glanced back at the noise but returned to the road, they had just left London's traffic. Some would say the English love to queue because they would only move a few inches every hour, 'I really need a vacation.' England groaned.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Canada scurried like a lost child around his home, quickly picking out anything out of place, making sure anything and everything stayed set to perfection. Why? Well, Russia was visiting, of course. The mere thought of the Russian looking at his house and entering it sent Canada's heart fluttering, like a sundry of butterflies taking flight simultaneously. Whenever father or papa visited they knew Canada but when a friend visits the nervousness accompanied with excitement sent Canada's knees shaking like an earthquake. He wanted to look good, share his likes and build on their relationship. When his parents visited he did not care for presentations and first impressions it was too formal. But with his friend visiting one of his homes for the first time he felt the need to impress.

He dumped all of America's stashed computer games into the loft, France's sensual looking gifts and paintings locked in a cupboard in his store room and all of England's tea set had been carefully polished. Something Canada understood was America's obsession with making England proud was that England was just someone you would look up to. England had that aura around him and personality which made him a harsh judge of people and he has never ever has complimented someone. Never had Canada ever heard England say the words 'like' or 'love' in a sentence. So when England suffered after America's departure, from a colony to a country, Canada stood by England's side. Waiting before asking, keyword 'asking' not 'starting a revolution', for independence. He remembered when he uttered those words England had completely shut down for a month. The man had holed himself in his house for weeks until Canada had enough. He broke into the man's house and promised to never leave him, as a son and friend, only wanting to grow into an admirable nation but not sever ties in the process.

Canada would never forget the day that England distanced himself from Canada but after a while, he got used to it. Seeing their children leave them after having spent years of nurturing and protecting them must have been hard, England was not a person who easily let go. But Canada somehow felt an unknown buzz of pride, 'If father saw me now, being friends with one of the most powerful countries, what would he say?' it didn't frighten him anymore. To be seen with Russia, walking in step with each other, laughing away his worries and sharing his problems with the older male. No, Canada felt lucky he found someone to share his emotions with. Eyeing a bouquet of sunflowers open with their sunset orange petals contrasting with their large brown seeded middle. He smiled lightly at the present he received for some reason. He thought back to the end of the meeting...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Canada was immediately encased in a large pair of arms. Russia packed away his belongings, with speed rivalling a thunder strike, pulled at Canada's waist and gave him an affectionate bear hug. Canada spluttered in shock as the comforting heat was smothered onto him plentifully. Walking leisurely through the crowd while all the other nations leap out of his way, trying to not shiver in the man's presence.

"Russia?!" Canada choked out but Russia could only chuckle ominously before tightening his arms around the petite Canadian. The younger nations smelt distinctly of charred wood, burning soothingly and coaxing the Russian to bury his face into the Canadian's soft neck. Canada feeling the change in position grasped, embarrassingly, and arched out of the reach of cold skin against his glowing skin.

"Kolkolkol. Matvey, very warm, I want a Matvey toy to sleep with, da?" Canada looked down at the Russian, scandalised, but immediately sucked it up when met with a genuine longing expression.