How It Ends

The orange tom's eyes widened as he realized it was the cat he and Cinder took in moons ago.

"Y-yes, that's me." Bruno nodded. Dandelion moved to her father's side. "Are you looking for Cinder? Cause after the rest of our kits died she moved on to Ziggy."

Twigbreeze noticed Squirrelflight visibly flinch and turned back to the tom and his daughter.

"No, we're looking for a rogue that's a she-cat." Bramblestar explained. "We-"

"Bramblestar!"

Bramblestar turned around and saw Gemlight running frantically to their patrol and stopped panting.

"I...killer...is in the Clan!" Gemlight gasped. "Birchfall was killed! It's not Squirrelflight!"

"We need to get back to ThunderClan!" Blossomfall added. The rest of the patrol ran back frantically to camp to see Icepaw dead, only the killer was standing right over her in the middle of camp.

Daisy.

"What the heck?!" Stumpypaw gasped. "But isn't Daisy always the nicest Queen?"

"She's been sour over losing Spiderleg to a better mate." Twigbreeze explained to her.

"I'm right here!" Daisy snarled. "And you're next if you don't shut your mouth!"

"If your mad about that then why're you killing random cats?" Goldenheart asked.

"They weren't all random..." Twigbreeze pointed out. "Dewshade is Amberdrop's brother and Birchfall is Spiderleg's brother."

"You killed my daughter!" Bramblestar yowled. He leaped at Daisy and knocked her over and pinned her to the ground. "Why did you do it?!"

"I killed all those other cats, but I did not kill your stupid daughter!" Daisy hissed. "Why don't you ask that ex-mate of yours?"

Once more the whole Clan turned to look at Squirrelflight and she looked down guiltily. Immediately Gemlight ran to her and slammed her head to the dirt with one paw.

"Did you kill our daughter?" Gemlight hissed. Squirrelflight nodded and started weeping.

"I was going to kill her! And...she wanted me to kill her so I refused but she kept insisting..." Squirrelflight cried. "I did it for her wishes, please have mercy."

"You were banned once and Bramblestar let you back in the Clan for a second chance." Gemlight explained. "And you killed my daughter. Now it's time that I-"

"Gemlight, we don't need to kill her. Especially since it's against the code." Bramblestar pointed out. "I wouldn't say the same for Daisy though. After all, she's killed so many cats."

Daisy struggled beneath his claws and Bramblestar put one paw on her throat.

"Daisy, do you have any last words?" Bramblestar asked.

"Yes." Daisy turned her head towards Spiderleg and his family. "Spiderleg, I know you'll never love her like you love me. I'll know when my paws walk in the Dark Forest and into your dreams. Go ahead Bramblestar."

The ThunderClan leader was shocked to see no hate or outrage, but peace as she was ready to die. That she knew this was going to happen all along. Bramblestar slashed his claws across her throat and turned to her remaining kits.

"Take her body and bury her." Bramblestar sighed before turning to Squirrelflight. "Squirrelflight, I did give you a second chance and I'm not giving you another. Brackenfur will escort you to the farther side of the mountain and make sure you don't follow him back. You can never come back here again."

Sandstorm ran to her daughter and hugged her with her paws.

"I've lost so much family in this Clan, most of it from her." Sandstorm snarled staring daggers at Gemlight. "I'm not losing my only daughter left on this Earth. I am going with her."

"Very well, we appreciate your seasons of hunting and dedication." Bramblestar meowed.

"Yeah, right." Sandstorm spat in disbelief. "One of your Clan's most gifted warriors along with her mother are leaving and you're not shedding a single tear. The cat you've spent moons with and broke up with just because she lied to you to protect her sister. I'm certain you killed her too."

"Brackenfur, Lilyheart, and Cloudtail. You'll escort these two she-cats to the farther side of the mountain." Bramblestar explained completely ignoring what Sandstorm said. "When you've done that, one of you be in charge of making sure they aren't following you back to camp. Take a different way back ideally."

"Yes Bramblestar." The three said in unison before surrounding the two and leading them out of camp to never be seen again.

"Gemlight my deputy." Bramblestar turned to her and walked to her side. "I'm sorry that I broke up with you when things got tough and I never want to do that again. Will you be my mate again?"

"I'll need some time to think about it." Gemlight managed to whisper before returning to the warrior's den with her tail dragging the dirt with guilt. Goldenheart followed her mother to comfort her.

"Why's she so upset?" Bramblestar asked.

"You kinda returned to your old ways of killing and banishing just now." Spiderleg explained.

"Only this time you seemed calm while doing it...I don't know if that's worse or not." Ivypool admitted.

"Do you think I enjoy killing and banishing these cats? I used to at one point but I've realized how terrible it is!" Bramblestar growled. "I feel guilt all the time! Lionblaze was practically my son and he was a father to three wonderful kits when I....I..."

Bramblestar turned around quickly and ran back into his den upset. Twigbreeze looked at the direction where his father went and then the one where his mother went and sighed.

"Don't worry Twig." Stumpypaw said reassuringly as she leaned against Twigbreeze. "I'm sure it'll all blow over soon. I mean, the worst is gone and no more cats will be killed. It's only going to get better from here, trust me."

Twigbreeze turned around and touched the apprentice's nose with his affectionately. She always knew the right thing to say to him and he could hardly believe there was a time in their lives where he found her annoying.

She was right, everything was going to be fine.