Close your Eyes

Flashback

Squirrel growled as the Twolegs finally brought her back to the nest her and Jocelyn had started sharing. She felt a little relieved at least knowing that she could begin plotting against Bramblestar's mate Gemlight for ruining her life.

"There's many rogues in the Twolegplace here if you haven't noticed." Jocelyn meowed. "Getting a home with Twolegs is hard to come by."

"What's your point?!" Squirrel snarled indignantly.

"You shouldn't be sulking when you're in a secure home, being well-fed." Jocelyn replied. "Why are you sulking?"

"I didn't want to be a kittypet!" Squirrel cried. "I...I was a Clan cat. I was deputy even, but then a wretched kittypet and her friend joined the Clan. My pushover dad always let in kittypets, but I didn't oppose him as it didn't affect me too badly. I could still serve my Clan."

"But this kittypet Jessy was different, she actually wanted more than what was given to her spoiled paws." Squirrel growled. "She wanted the leader to be her's, and I wanted him back. Yes, we were mates long before this and then we split up-"

"Why'd you two split up then?" Jocelyn asked.

Squirrel's heart dropped. What should she tell her? That she raised her sister's kits and lied to Bramblestar that they were their own kits? That she had done such a terrible thing?

It hurt as she realized that Jayfeather was the only one left of Leafpool's kits, and even she was gone. She'd have to keep it vague when she tells Jocelyn, at least for now.

"Um, we argued too much." Squirrel lied. "But I always love him."

She hoped for Jocelyn to be endeared but instead the grey she-cat looked at her like she was crazy. Squirrel decided to leave and went through the cat door, hoping to gain allies in the rogues that roamed the Twolegplace.

She saw several cats roaming including a black and white she-cat holding a orange kit in her jaws.

"Excuse me?" Squirrel asked the cat. "What is your name?"

"Do you know Webster? I'm his sister, Debbie." The she-cat replied. "What brings you to Ziggy's area of Twolegplace?"

"I came to talk to him, I've been wanting allies to plan a vicious strike on one of the Clans in the forest." Squirrel explained. Debbie gave her a cautious look.

"Do you know how I had my kit Bruno here?" Debbie asked. "He's a wonderful kit, but he's the offspring of my own deal with Ziggy. I needed a place to stay after my Twolegs packed up and left, and Ziggy offered his at the expense of my..."

"Oh." Squirrel whispered. Maybe she should try to talk to another leader in the Twolegplace, but they must've demanded deeds be done for them too. "Well...I still want to talk to him."

"Oh, so you're a floozy too then." Debbie meowed. "Ziggy is napping near the fourth Twoleg home down."

"Thank you." Squirrel blushed at what the mother had said, that a toy for toms is what she was becoming. She told herself that it was for a good cause before she took off in search of the tom.

Present

It had been two moons since the incident, and now Stumpykit was becoming an apprentice along with her siblings and her cousins.

Blizzardpaw had never seen Hollypaw and Sorrelpaw happier and she realized it was because they could continue something they've missed for quite some time, training to be warriors. She had heard that they were knocked up by a tom that was banished from ThunderClan after the deed.