Chapter 12: The Intergalactic Staff

Just start reading already!

- Percy's POV - 

I had just enough time to take my sword out before the bulls were less than ten feet away. I had fought these before, mechanic bulls, made by Hephaestus himself, with rubies instead of eyes, but that time I hadn't beat them, Tyson had, my half brother. So this time we had to beat them on our own. First, I did the most stupid thing to do, I waved and shouted to get the bull's attention.

 - Hey, steel breath! -

It wasn't actually an insult or anything, but the bulls were proud of being made out of celestial bronze or something, because one changed direction and charged against me. I sidestepped out of its way a second before the bull got to me, but not without getting a cut from its horn.
- Ah! - I screamed in pain.

I had to figure out something, and fast, or the other bulls will make my friends into human pudding. The bull was charging again and this time it got me full chest. "It's over", I thought, but then I saw Annabeth fighting desperately against a bull by her own for her life, and I found some last minute strength, and used it in a desperate move, I ran towards the bull. Five meters, four meters, three meters, two meters, in this moment the bull started to run towards me, one meter, and in the last second I threw myself to the ground, letting the bull pass over me and ran towards Annabeth. She had been dodging every one of the bulls attacks and was trying to penetrate the bronze armour with no luck. I stopped between Annabeth and the bull. I suddenly thought of something, It could be my salvation or the loss of my pen. The bull was getting closer, and closer, and closer. I, waiting for the moment to attack, was in front of Annabeth. Then it happened, it opened it's mouth. I threw my sword towards I shiny thing in it, that I guess it was its center, and waited to see what happened. At first I thought I had failed, and gotten ourselves killed, but then the  bull stopped moving and exploded. I almost jumped like a little girl in relief, but stopped myself in the last moment to avoid total humiliation. But then I looked around and saw that it wouldn't have mattered if I had jumped, because everyone was a little busy stopping the other bulls. 

 – Shoot to their centre! – I screamed, but I don't think that a rhino would do that, I thought, when I saw Frank charging and destroying an entire bull by himself.

Thalia fired an arrow to a bull's centre through a wound on it's left side made by a continuous slash of Jason's sword. After twenty minutes, the only bull that hadn't been exploded or crushed to pieces backed away and left the camp. 

 – Should we talk about the prophecy now or after the next attack? – Ron asked.

 – Yeah, I think that's a good idea – I said.

After a long talk about the prophecy, we realized that if we didn't win this war, not only the world, but the whole galaxy will end.

 – Ok, – Annabeth said – first things first, where should we go now?

 – I don't know, but I think we should get some rest first, I'm so tired I could just drop here and go to sleep. – I said, more tired with every word I spoke.

 – I would fall to sleep here standing, not even waiting to fall to the floor. – Leo said, that had actually been the most helpful one, melting the bull's armor.

 – Ok, so we will continue in the evening. – Annabeth finally decided.

It was only twelve in the morning, but I felt as if I had been awake until very late after a long day fighting. I went half–awake, half–asleep to my cabin with Ron slopping behind me. I jumped into my bed and fell slowly asleep, but a demigod dream can not be normal without a weird thing in it.

I was in a black room with some white dots and colorful spirals. I was standing in front of four massive desks, like a the ones in the principals office, fifteen feet tall, where three people were arguing. 

 – Where's Kathia? – the one in the left, a black haired middle-aged man, asked.

 – She is coming. – the one in the right said.

The one in the middle was a women, but that's the only thing I could assure. Her hair changed from black to blonde, and from blonde to a dark purple, and from purple to white and the all over again. Her robe followed a similar way, dark, light, dark, light. And her skin changed from African black to pinkish white to dark brown to pale white.

 – Percy, I had been waiting for this day a long time. – the one in the middle said.

I then saw that every desk had a name. From left to right: θεσμός, χάος and Περσεύς. Theseus, Chaos and Perseus. Two of the mightiest heroes and the maker of everything, quite a good reason to vow, so I did.

 – No need to vow, Percy. – Chaos said.

 – Are you the real Perseus and Theseus? – I asked.

 – Yes, the mightiest heros, except Hercules, that was turned into a god in the end, are collected from the dead, to fight anything that might threat Earth. – Perseus replied.

 – I 've seen you need some help, so here you have it. – Chaos said.

He threw me an old parchment and a little box. I was just thinking of opening it when Chaos said:

 – No need to rush, Percy.

 – Why did you summon me here? – I said changing of subject.

 – To help you in your quest, of course. – Theseus said, making an offended sound.

 – Yeah, that's what they all say. – I continued – But tell me now, what do you want from me?

 – Kathia, the goddess of the wind of space, has disappeared, – Chaos said – kidnapped, by an evil that not even prophecies can predict, and the parchment will lead you where she is located. She may be your only chance.

 – The prophecy said "with someone who you don't call enemy, you will compete,". Is it you? And if not, who is it?

 – I can only tell you that we will not be against you in this war, but even I can't predict who will betray you. – Chaos answered calmly. – And now, Percy, is time to wake up.

And that's how I ended up in my bed, sweating, with all the sheets in the floor and all my friends around me.

a/n

I think it was ok, and I give a big thank you to LivingLife_123 because I took the idea of chaos of her book. :) please don't hate me for the time!

P.S. if you get me to 1000 reads and 100 votes before 2014, I will update three chapters that week.