What Should Have Never Happened...Happened. Chapter Ten

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay?" Casey asked, his voice instantly changing into a concerned tone that somehow managed to make my stomach flutter.

I hesitated a moment too long and Casey asked with concern etched on his features.

"Is everything alright Tay-Bear?"

I frantically searched my brain for a good excuse and then he stopped.

"Tay-Bear, is something going on?" He asked.

"No, no!" I quickly denied.

"I just caught a bit of a stomach bug. But I feel much better now." I assured him. Although in reality I wasn't feeling too well.

"Oh..." Casey trailed off.

"What have you been eating?" He asked again and I scrunched up my nose.

"I don't know, a lot of unhealthy foods I guess." I chuckled nervously.

When Casey and I reached the cafeteria, we got in line and moved according to the cue. It was a rather long one, but it wasn't too long that made your legs feel tired and numb. Suddenly, when we were halfway, Casey turned around so that he was facing me.

"Did the Doctor give you a list?" He asked and I narrowed my eyes at him in confusion.

"What list?" I asked.

"A list of foods you're allowed to eat and not allowed to eat." He said as if it was the most obvious thing.

"Err, no he didn't." I said unsurely and he scrunched up his eyebrows.

"But he did tell me to stay away from the junk foods for the time being." I quickly added.

"Is Doctor Nesman still your doctor?" He questioned.

"Not anymore, he retired so his son took his place." I explained and placed a hand on his hard chest and nudged him because the line had begun to move again.

He took a step back and was about take another step back and crash into a guy, so I pulled on his shirt to stop him. Then, he decided to continue the subject.

"So his son took his place?"

I nodded my head in reply, "Yep".

"That's a fortunate coincidence." He commented.

"Yeah, I'm very lucky gal." I chuckled and glanced at the people in front of us.

"Now turn around because we're next." I said and nodded my head to make him look back.

He chuckled but eventually turned around and got a tray for himself and I, and when our turn was up, Casey took the spaghetti and garlic bread where I got the pudding and mac and cheese. Thank God our cafeteria has good food. We brought our trays to the checkout point and Casey took out his wallet.

"Count hers in too please." He said and I looked up at him.

"Okay, you've got to stop doing that." I said.

"Stop what?" He grinned cheekily.

"Stop paying for my food for me." I said, which only made him chuckle.

"I'm serious Casey, let me pay for myself." I scowled, but it only made him laugh.

"How about we make a deal? I'll let you pay for yourself when you're not with me, but since you're with me right now, I'm paying for it." He said and gave the lady the money and thanked her once he received his change and shoved his wallet back in his pocket.

"Why does it bother you so much? Is it a crime now that I want to pay for my best friend's lunch?" He asked and just at that moment, I could instantly feel my happiness falter and the smile that I previously wore faded. As Casey and I walked, I glanced up at him and then looked down to my tray and cleared my throat.