What Should Have Never Happened...Happened Chapter Thirteen

It took a while for Caleb and Greg to get used to the fact of my current"situation". They were more concerned about things that even I didn't know how to answer because I haven't thought as far as they did, to which caused us to have an argument. We were gathered in my room and Kylie had pulled me into a hug as the boys harshly expressed their worries and concerns.

Questions like: "Are you keeping it?"

"You are going to tell Nick, aren't you?"

"How are you going to tell your family?" And plenty others flew out of their mouths.

Kylie looked at the guys,

"All are very good questions but also don't forget that you guys aren't the ones going through it, and Taylor, is already scared shitless. So take it down a few notches you two!" Her scold effectively silenced them.

After a while, Greg, lets out a sigh of defeat and takes a seat opposite side from where Kylie is, sat on my left side. He drapes his arm over my shoulders and hugs me tight and kisses the side of my head.

"I'm sorry, Taylor." He whispers

Caleb scratches the back of his head and wipes away my tears before joining us in a group hug.

"No matter what you decide, we'll be here for you, Taytor-tot." Caleb coos, earning him a small chuckle from me. I haven't heard him call me that since we entered high school.

Kylie nods her head,

"We will respect and promise we won't love you any less, whatever you decide to do with the little babe." She said whilst pushing strands of hair away from my eyes and tucking them behind my ear.

This earned a groan from Greg.

"Oh, what makes you think it's going to be a little babe? My bet is that it's going to be a little dude." He says confidently.

"I'm with, Gregory on this one. Boys will overrule this friend group." Caleb chimes in.

I couldn't help but smile at my friends. They always know how to make me the luckiest girl to have such amazing, and supportive friends. Suddenly, Caleb, kills the fun. He crouched down to be eye level with me sitting on the bed and he gave me a serious look.

"But seriously though, Tay, if you're keeping...it, Nick, needs, to, know."

I sigh and nodded my head. "I know".

From that moment forward, the boys grew more comfortable with me the little one. They even began to express how they were kind of keen on becoming uncles. They weren't exactly happy at first, obviously, but when I told them that I couldn't kill this life growing inside of me, especially after hearing its tiny heart beat so loudly during the recent doctor's visit, I think they're hearts melted a little and they couldn't agree more with my decision to keep the baby.

Jeez, it still feels weird to acknowledge what's growing in my tummy as a baby. I was in denial for so long that just saying the word still makes me feel uneasy, But even I couldn't help to warm up to it too.

In the spirit of helping me through this situation, my friends made me promise to update them with any and every development regarding me and the little one. They went as far as researching on the internet about young pregnancies and made it their goal to check on my mental health.

They made me promise to gather and discuss about how I'm feeling and what I'm thinking about, every once in a while. There are some days where they pry a little too deep, but now they know that my family and Nick is still a sore subject for me, they don't press as hard and as frequent.