Chapter 1

Austin's POV

"Guys pick somewhere to eat or I'm just taking us back to Tino's." I said getting frustrated. We had been driving around for the last hour and no one would decided where to grab a bite to eat.
"Go to Kentucky Fried Chicken." Aaron said.
"Finally!" I turned the car around and went towards the fast food restaurant.

I parked the car and all of us got out. We waited In line and I ran my fingers through my hair. When we got up to the register my eyes caught sight of the cashier. His red hair clashed with the red of the uniform and he looked beyond tired. His deep brown eyes were accompanied by bags and his pale skin was flushed.

"Hi. My name is Alan welcome to Kentucky Fried Chicken. Can I take your order?" He gave a small smile and waited as the guys looked over the menu. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him no matter how hard I tried.

"Excuse me Sir are you ready to order?" I shook my head a little and looked away from him. Aaron, Tino, and Phil were all looking at me with smirks and the cute cashier was confused. Great first impression Austin, I thought mentally scolding myself.
"Yea give me a regular chicken sandwich please." I said and he nodded.
"Your total is $5.28." He said and I handed him a crumpled ten.
"Keep the change." I said and flashed him a smile.
"Are you sure?" He said getting the change to hand to me.
"Positive." I said with a wink. His cheeks coated themselves in a blush and I followed the guys to put seats.

"Austin dude you totally have the hots for him." Tino said as he bit into a chicken leg.
"Yea. You completely zoned out." Aaron said and I just shook my head and laughed.
"Don't even think about it guys."
"Go get his number."
"No! I completely flopped his first impression of me. I stared like an idiot." I said putting my hands over my face.
"If you won't do it I will." Aaron said before getting up from his seat.
"Aaron get back here!" I yelled quietly. I could either run after him and make a fool of myself or just sit here and let him do as he pleased. God please don't let the cute ginger think I'm a weirdo.

Alan's POV

"Hey Mason put mom back on the phone." I said and I stood outside of the restaurant. "Okay Ally." He said and I heard shuffling before the croaked voice of my mother came through the speaker.
"Hey Alan." She said sweetly.
"Hey Momma. Are the boys okay? Do you need me to come home early?" I asked as I heard he door beside me open.
"Ashby someone is asking for you out front." My manager said and I nodded.

"Now Alan they boys are fine and so am I." My mom said in a playful tone.
"Okay I'm just checking. I hate to end this but Someone is asking for me out front."
"It's alright. I love you Alan."
"I love you too Momma. Tell the boys I love them too." I said with a smile.
"I will. Now get back to work mister."
"I will. I will. Bye." I laughed and ended the call.

"It's the brown headed dude." My manager said as I walked in. I looked towards the counter and noticed it was one of the guys from earlier.
I made my way over and cleared my throat.
"Yes?"
"Your Alan right?" I nodded and he smiled.
"Great. See my friend over there." He pointed. "The really tall one. Covered in tattoos. He was staring at you when we ordered. Gave you the tip." I nodded along as he spoke. "His name is Austin and Well could I possibly get your number for him?"

I stared at the guy with wide eyes. "H-he wants my number?"
"Yes but he's to Chicken to do it his self. He thinks he messed up your first impression of him."
"No, no. He's really attractive." I said and blushed.
"Great! Do you have a pen and paper?"
I pulled out a pen and a scrap receipt and jotted down my number. I signed it A. A. with a small heart. The guy smiled again and walked away.

I felt my cheeks heat up as I watched him return to his table. He patted Austin on the shoulder and placed the piece of paper in front of him. All the guys cheered and Austin turned around to look at me. He smiled and I looked down hoping he wouldn't see my reddening cheeks.
"Get in there!" I heard one of the people he was with shout.
"Tino!" Austin yelled and put his face on the table. I chuckled and started to wipe down the counter.

As the guys threw their trash away Austin walked up to me.
"I'm Austin by the way." He said.
"Alan." He sent a small wink my way before heading out the door. Today was a good day. Hopefully more would follow.