|Chapter Three|

Klaus followed Caroline into his bedroom and softly closed the door.

Caroline felt anxious now, but her rush of confidence continued through the alcohol. This was after all just a distraction, and she panicked slightly as she realised she never intended to be upstairs with a vampire werewolf alone.

Caroline fought with her mind for a few minutes as a part of her wanted to be here with him. Klaus was still and watched her. Finally he walked towards her.

"What is it love?" He said, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. Caroline felt she could collapse in his arms at any minute. His voice, the way he called her love and how his hands felt on her made her legs feel like jello.

There was silence between them. The night was still, stars shining from the window with the curtains drawn, and a perfectly made king size bed was right behind them. The bedding was a silk black, and a candle burned brightly on the desk near the door.

This was it. Klaus looked into Carolines eyes and compelled her to do whatever he asked, but as he leaned in ready to kiss her, he stopped. Klaus furrowed his brows as she stood waiting on his demands. He just couldn't do it. He wanted moments like these so badly, but he wanted Caroline to want them to. Klaus agreed mentally that the reasoning behind this was a new game. Once he had her, then he could dispose of her.

"I want you to forget what I just told you. Go back to the way things were before."

Caroline flinched. She couldn't be here right now, this was wildly inappropriate. Caroline thought about Elena, that's who she was here for tonight. She barged past Klaus, ran into the bathroom across the hall and splashed her face with cold water. Without Klaus standing so close, she could finally breathe, and think. She made her way downstairs.

"Caroline! Where's Klaus?" Damon said through closed teeth.

Caroline's heart stopped briefly as she realised she was still supposed to be keeping him busy. Stefan turned the corner, and looked up at the stair case where Klaus stood looking down angrily at the three of them. He had a scowl on his face as the basement door swung open.

"Let's go." Stefan said to them quickly.

Klaus furrowed his brows. The three of them ran for the open front door, Bonnie and Matt were also outside. Caroline stopped and looked back at Tyler who stood in the doorway. His arms were folded and felt ashamed that he couldn't support his friends.

"Tyler, come on!" Caroline shouted back at him.

"I can't Care, I'm sorry. I'm sired to Klaus."

"What does that mean?" Caroline frowned. Was he working with him?

"Caroline. The woman you saw me with earlier, her name is Hayley. She helped me with my transitions when I started turning into a werewolf. I was finally getting control, when Klaus injected me with Elena's weird, magic blood, and now I can't explain it, I'm like his minion. His friend. I-" Caroline stared at him blankly.

"Caroline! Come on, or we'll leave without you." Damon roared.

Caroline felt the tears prick in the back of her eyes. Could her life really get anymore complicated? She turned on her heel and shook her head, leaving him at the doorstep.

"Elena." Caroline breathed with relief once she climbed inside the car. Lots of people were leaving the party now, and cars and people were everywhere. "I'm so glad to see you. You okay?" Caroline hugged her friend and wiped her tears away. Elena hugged both Bonnie and Caroline. "So, guess you know everything now huh." Elena groaned as she slumped back into her seat. Caroline nodded and sighed, grateful they were all okay.