Chapter Twenty Four...

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

*Domenico's POV*

"She loves you, you know, I saw it at dinner tonight, the way she looks at you, even when she was angry, her eyes were full of love, but I don't think she even realises it herself." He told me, as he played with this hands. "She loves you too," I told him, as I lent back in my chair.

"Not in the way that I want." He mumbled quietly.
"How long have you been in love with her?" I asked him, not beating around the bush, instead I got straight to the point.
"A few years. It was a while before I realised how strong my feelings were. But even when she makes it through this, I know I'll never get the chance to be with her. All I want is for her to be safe and happy. And as much as I hate to admit it, you can give her both of those things..." He confessed, I nodded thoughtfully, acknowledging what he had said.

"But with all that said and done, if you hurt her, I'll fucking shoot your dick off." He threatened, somehow managing to look intimidating, while lying in his hospital bed.

"Apparently they've finished checking Alexis for injuries." Benito told us, when he walked in with a Styrofoam cup full of water. "They told you?" I questioned, confused. "No, I overheard the nurses talking when I was waiting for someone to refill the water dispenser." He confessed, before taking a sip of his drink.

"Well I better get back to the waiting room so I can hear the results then." I decided, "I'll see you tomorrow Lorenzo." I told him, receiving "Later Bro." in return.

I walked into the waiting room as the doctor was talking to Holly, "She's in a stable condition, but she has a broken arm, and she has lost quite a lot of blood. She's awake, but we've given her some painkillers so she will be a bit woozy and confused at the moment." He told us, before continuing. "If you want to see her, you can, but there will be a few police officers arriving shortly for questioning. Personally I think it's pointless for them to do it tonight, considering the state she's in, but there's nothing I can do about it."

*Alexis's POV*

I cringed as I opened my eyes, immediately closing them, as the bright hospital lights burnt my corneas. "Would you like me to dim the lights?" Someone asked from my left.

I mumbled a small "yes," before slowly opening my eyes again.I watched as Dom got up from his seat, and walked over to the light switch, which was behind the hospital bed that I was currently lying in.

After dimming the lights, he returned to his seat beside me. "How are you feeling?" Holly asked from my right. I turned my head quickly, only just noticing that she was present.

"I feel like crap to be honest. My palms and arm hurt like hell." I told her, before assessing my injuries.
I had a temporary back slab cast covering my forearm and most of my left hand. While I had white bandages wrapped around my right hand. "You have stitches in both of your hands, apparently they had to remove a shit ton of glass from them." Dom told me, as he lent back in his chair. "Care to tell us how you ended up at the gas station? Which by the way, was nowhere near the crash site..."

I sat up quickly, cringing from the pain that radiated throughout my body. But that was the least of my problems right at that moment. "Where's Lorenzo? Did they go back for him? Is he okay?" I asked, panicking. "Lorenzo's fine, he's down the hall."

"Oh thank god. All I remember is waking up tied to a chair. Asher was there, he told me that-"I cut myself off, before turning to look at Dom.

The memories resurfaced.

"Holly, could you please tell Domenico to leave the room, I don't want to see him." I told her, as I looked away from him. I didn't know if what Asher said was true, but I knew he was dangerous even before Asher told me that he was.