Oblivious (Light x Blind!Reader

Lol, I'm not a Light fan, so he's kind of an ass in this xD So keep in mind that this'll be a sad story :( Kind of a change from what I usually write, so I guess that's cool :3

I guess you could say the oneshots are back in business! Feel free to request now but please don't overflow my notifications xD

Thank you for your positive feedback on this, means a lot :3

Enjoy!

The faint sounds of a piano played as Light Yagami returned from headquarters into his apartment. Classical music, the thing she loved the most, the sound that made her happy.

"(Y/n), I'm home." He yelled.

"Light? Hey, welcome home! I'm in the lounge." She did this a lot, telling him where she was as if to convince herself too. Maybe she took pride from knowing where she was without sight.

It hasn't always been this way. All it took was a stray cat with sharp claws and an over curious 6 year old girl. She had been blinded since that day, over such a small thing, but yet (Y/n)'s sight was unsalvageable.

And now here she was, 15 years later living with a murderer. Not that she knew that. To her, Light was her saviour.

They met in high school, where a lot of their classes were the same, so he took care of her. She didn't have many other friends, so when the time came of leaving school and starting an adult life, Light offered to take her in.

That was before he found the Death Note, they had everything arranged. Light would continue down his career path and live with (Y/n) to make sure she's be okay. Light still took care of (Y/n), what would people say if he suddenly kicked her out? He just kept things from her. He could write in the Death Note all he wanted and she wouldn't know a thing about it. She didn't have to know about his involvement with Kira, L, the police.

That was probably for the best. She'd heard about Kira's doings on the radio and wasn't exactly fond of him. But that was the beauty of it, she'd never know who Kira was. That couldn't last forever, something had to be done.

"I'm back, how have you been doing?" He called and went into the kitchen to put away some food he'd gotten on the way home.

"Not much, just sitting around here mostly, brail books, the usual. I really like this song, don't you?" He could hear the enthusiasm in her voice.

"It's good, but don't you ever get bored of it?"

"What? Never! It's so beautiful It reminds me of the sky. You know, I can still remember what it looked like Light!"

"That's great, you can remember that far back?"

"Well, yeah, I don't have that many memories of seeing things, but I definitely remember the sky! What does it look like now?" He walked over to a window next to her seat. Something just had to be done.

"Kinda grey, it looks like there's going to be a storm soon." She sat up and her head turned to the sound of his voice.

"A storm? Do you think there'll be thunder?"

"Probably, it's pretty cloudy out there!" She leaned back again and smiled.

"Awesome, it always sounds interesting." Light chuckled.

"If you say so."

Yep, something definitely had to be done.