Not Regular (Near x Neko!Reader)

Requested by iHaveNoLifu :)

I don't really have anything else to say, except that you guys are awesome, this book's almost got 200 reads already :D

Enjoy!

"Come here (Y/n)." You scurried over to your Near as fast as your feline legs would take you and jumped up onto his lap. Rester glanced over at Near as he stroked the small cat's ears.

"Near, is it really necessary to keep that cat here? We're trying to solve a case, looking after a cat isn't exactly helping us, if anything that thing's slowing us down." Near ceased petting (Y/n) and they both looked over at Rester with seemingly bored expressions.

"Her name's (Y/n), she's not a thing and she's not slowing us down." He leaned back in his chair and stared at the blank ceiling. "She's been with me for so long, I couldn't imagine doing something like a case without her nearby." Rester sighed in defeat and went back to his computer.

It was true. Near had found (Y/n) as a kitten outside Wammy's House when he was 8, the two of them had grown up together for over 10 years and Near had taken care of her. He knew she wasn't just a regular cat, that's one of the reasons he kept her around. She was smart and wouldn't do anything to slow down the case, that's why Rester was wrong about her. She wasn't a cat, she was Near's cat.

Near's feelings for her weren't regular either. Her human form was pretty, soft (H/c) hair, bright (E/c) eyes and fluffy ears and tail that matched her hair. She was also bubbly and vibrant, which was a change of atmosphere for Near. She was always up to take care of Near like he did for her. They kept each other going.

She began to purr as Near started to pet her again. He smiled and scooped her up in his arms.

"Rester, Giovanni, I'm taking a break." Silent nods were returned by the two men he addressed as Near walked out out of the room with (Y/n). She transformed as soon as they reached Near's room.

"So Near, do you really think this "Second L" is Kira?" She questioned, tail swishing behind her as she skipped around Near's room.

"Yes I'm sure of it, it all makes sense, I just need to confirm it."

"How so?"

"I imagine we'll confront him somewhere with all the people involved with the Death Note. We just need to find his accomplices and any other crucial evidence. I'm sure we'll get what we need, I have confidence in my resources." (Y/n) bounded up to Near and hugged him.

"I know you'll win, you always do Near!" He blushed slightly and scratched behind her ears. She hugged him harder. "Ah, that feels nice."

"I know."

"Is this kinda like what winning feels like for you?"

"Not really, I win because I can and I have to, not just because I like it." She looked up at him and stuck out her bottom lip.

"You could've just said yes." He poked her nose.

"I think I prefer you when you pout less." She ceased hugging and folded her arms.

"Well I'm not just a cat! I can pout if I want to! Try to stop me!" She giggled and turned into a cat, slipping out of the room. Near smiled and began to chase after her.

"Hey, stop! You could run into something.!" The feline kept on running, ignoring Near. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

"Catnip."

"What about it?" The now human (Y/n) grinned as she sat in front of Near.

"Haven't got any now." She transformed, meowed loudly and continued to run. Near chuckled to himself and followed her. In his not regular world, this was regular.

This, being the feeling of love.

Now, I do apologise for this being so short, I just didn't think I could add anything else onto this, it seemed like a pretty decent short story :3

If you want a second part to this, please let me know in the comments :)

Plus, Near is such a monotone, calm character. You can't really imagine him in the place of other characters in love fanfiction. Just think. Near being all sexy and romantic, NOPE xD So I think Near's way of expressing love would come slowly into the way he acts around the one he loves. I probably will make a second part where Near confesses to (Y/n). I'll have to make it really cute, so make sure to suggest some ideas about it in the comments!

In fact, tell me how your day was! I'd love to talk with a few of you :D

Vote, share, comment, request, because you're awesome <3

Love ya guys

- Chic-Chaaaaan

xx