Far (Mello x reader)

ashtoningirwning requested a Mello x reader, so here it is!

Just to clarify, your alias is Far, since your connection to Near, I picked a name that connects to his, Near and Far :D

Enjoy!

"Near! C'mon! Come outside and play with us!" I pulled at my brother's white sleeve as he lined up dominoes.

"I think I'll pass for today Far. I'd rather stay here." I pouted and let go of his sleeve.

I did this a lot, I just wanted Near to join us for once. Nate and (Y/n), two 9 year old peas in a pod that slowly separated. Near was more focused on studying than playing other people like me. Mello said that he didn't want Near to play with us and Matt didn't care, but twins have got to stick together!

"But Near, you do this all the time! Just this once?" He turned his back to me and didn't reply.

"Fine then! Suit yourself!" I huffed and stomped out of the room, slamming the door on my way out.

"I don't know why you bother Far, that idiot never wants to play with us."

"He's still my sibling Mello, I don't want to leave him out." Mello and I started to walk through the corridors to get outside.

"Well, you're much better than Near. You're fun to be with and you don't act like him, you're pretty much opposites anyway, even your aliases are opposites! I'd rather just you and me, rather than him being anywhere near him." I looked at him.

"What about Matt?" Mello walked a little bit ahead of me.

"Y-yeah, I meant to mention him too." What? Why did he just mention me?

"Anyway, where is Matt?"

"His DS doesn't have any charge, so he's staying in our room to charge it. I swear he's almost as bad as Near!" I giggled.

"Yeah, him and Near can go be best friends inside." I grabbed Mello's arm and ran the end of corridor leading to the playground. "I got you Far, so that's good." Mello blushed and ran as well, pushing the doors open with me.

"Ow, Mello, that hurt!" Mello had kicked a football that was heading his way right at another kid. He was kind of mean sometimes. Rodger had seen this and approached Mello, probably to scold him

Even though Near and I weren't very alike, we still shared some things. For instance, we sat differently and tended to twirl a strand of our matching white hair around our fingers. I was currently doing so, but swinging lightly on a swing, watching Mello as he messed around.

He came and sat on the swing next to me and scowled.

"The idiot was asking for it, he kicked the ball at me."

"Well maybe you could've kicked it back with less malice." He scoffed and turned to me.

"Who are you, Rodger?" I punched his arm lightly and scowled back at him.

"No! That's stupid! Don't be so silly!" I sighed and leaned back on the swing with both hands on the chains, looking up at the clear sky. "So what did Rodger say anyway?"

"Just some stupid crap about how I should think about my actions if I even want to even consider myself as L's successor." He laughed suddenly and stood up in front of my swing."Just wait! I'll be the next L! I'll show Rodger and Near and everyone else!" I stood up and punched the air with him.