Thirdy's First Bday

The most anticipated day has come , after weeks and weeks of preparation Thirdy turns one . As first time parents Maine and Rj were really hands on and stressed preparing for the party . Maine baked  her famous Mainebow cake for her son . Rj and Riza decorated the cafe and made sure that all the invitations are received . The grandparents were busy as well helping the couple with the preparations . 

           The day of the party Maine woke up feeling under the weather . Rj told her to take it easy because she only slept for 3 hours baking all the desserts for the party .  Maine insisted to finished all the last minute preparations for the party . Two hours before the party started  everything was already set , all they have to do is get Thirdy ready who was sleeping on her Lola Ann's arms .

        Maine was about to go upstairs and get her son when she felt dizzy all of a sudden . To prevent herself from falling , she just sat on the stairs and lean on the wall . It was already 11 am and she remembered that she haven't eaten anything yet . But that is not the problem , the problem is she really has no appetite . It has been a week since she hasn't been eating and it's already affecting her milk production . No matter how much fluids she drinks still it wasn't enough for her to have more milk . She was just thankful that she has saved enough milk for her son to last for six months .

  Rj was about to go upstairs and get ready when he saw his wife sitting by the stairs with her eyes close. He got worried and rush to Maine and asked what happen.

" Love , anong nangyari sa iyo akala ko nasa taas ka na "
" Nagpapahinga lang ako ng konti medyo nahilo lang ako "
" Ayos ka lang ba , gusto mo tumawag ako ng doctor "
" Hindi na ! Ikaw naman  napuyat lang siguro ako at napagod  , wala ito "
" Sigurado ka ?"
" Oo naman , tingnan mo pagkatapos ng party wala na ito "
" O sige ikaw ang bahala "
" Tayo na sa taas ng mabihisan ko na ang anak mo , gising na siguro iyon  "

After getting Thirdy and herself  ready , Maine took Thirdy  down at the cafe just in time the visitors stated to arrive . Rj was left upstairs to get ready and take care of something . He made sure that he was alone when he went to his small locked box and opened it . After putting the code the box opened and he took a red velvet box out and put it in his pocket . After securing the locked box  he went downstairs to join the party , he looked for his in laws before joining Maine and Thirdy . When he found them , he secretly spoke to them and told them his plans.

" Nay , Tay pwede po ba kayong makausap "
" Tungkol saan Rj ?"

Rj took out the velvet box in his pocket , opened it and showed it to his inlaws .

" Gusto ko po sanang hingin ang kamay ni Maine  sa inyo "
" Di ba kasal na naman kayo "
" Gusto ko po sanang pakasalan sya ulit , this time po dahil nagmamahalan kami "
" Alam mo naman na wala kaming ibang gusto para kay Maine kundi ikaw "
" Salamat po Nay , Tay , pangako po gagawin ko po ang lahat para mapasaya ang anak nyo at alagaan sya "
" Salamat din Rj sa pagammahal mo sa anak namin , hindi kami nagkamali ng pumayag kami sa gusto ng mommy mo "

After talking to his in laws Rj went ahead and join his wife and son to greet all their visitors . They were so happy that Thirdy was such a good baby . He didn't cry or throw tantrums whenever one of his visitors come over and  greet him . Maine and RJ was thankful that all their friends and family came over to join them in this important event in their son's life . The party lasted for hours and from time to time Maine have to sit down and rest because she felt so tired .

       Before the night ended Rj took the mic and start thanking all their friends and family that came while Maine was beside him holding Thirdy . After taking a family picture by the stage , RJ then took a chair and gave it to His wife to sit in . Maine was then wondering why RJ wanted her to sit on the stage , Riza then came and took Thirdy from her . She asked Riza what was going on but all Riza can answer was a smile . She then move his glance to Rj who took her hand and face the visitors one more time . Maine heart was pounding , she doesn't  know what's going on but her gut tells her to just trust her husband . When Rj started talking she was surprised that he was not talking about their son .

" Magandang gabi po sa inyong lahat , Natutuwa po ako at napaunlakan nyo ang imbitasyon para sa birthday ng aming anak na si Thirdy . Sa mga nakakakilala sa aming mag asawa , nasaksihan nyo ang aming mga pinagdaanan at kung paano kami nagpakasal tatlong  taon na ang nakakaraan . Sa simula and  aming pagpapakasal   ay hindi naging  madali dahil ipinagkasundo lang kami ng aming mga magulang . Nasa sinapupunan pa lang kami ni Maine ng aming mga ina ay itinakda na kaming ikasal pag narating namin ang takdang gulang . At nang dumating ang oras ng aming pag iisang dibdib ito ay hindi naging madali sa akin dahil para sa akin ang pag ibig ay hindi ipinipilit yon ay kusang nararamdaman sa isang tao . Marami kaming pinagdaanan mag asawa may masaya pero karamihan ay malungkot .

Tears started to come down from Maine's eyes while listening to Rj and recalling all the good and bad memories that they had.

" Isang   araw nagising na lang ako na wala na si Maine , iniwan na nya pala ako . Noon ko narealized na mahal ko na pala sya at mahal ko na pala sya noon pa , hindi ko pala kayang mawala sya sa buhay ko . Hinanap ko sya para humingi ng tawad at humingi ng isa pang pagkakataon . At pagkaraan ng ilang buwan na paghahanap dininig ng Diyos ang dasal ko nahanap ko sya . Laki g tuwa ko ng malaman ko na buntis sya at magiging tatay na ako . Ngayon sa harap nyong lahat gusto kong ipagsigawan kung gaano ko kamahal si Maine na hindi ko nagawa noon . "

While Rj was doing his speech , his parents and in laws was just watching with a big smile . They can see how different Rj and Maine is now . They can see how happy the children to be with each other . Seeing the twinkle in their eyes every time Rj and Maine looked at each other made them feel no regrets in their decisions to arranged their marriage .