Help from Mom

Its been 3 weeks since Rj last had a conversation with Maine . Apparently she had gotten busy at the restaurant and been doing overtime , sometimes she even spend the night at the restaurant. Rj on the other hand also became busy because he was doing an expansion of the cafe .

     Rj still wanted to talk to Maine , he still have the question on back of his mind . Sometimes he comes home early to catch her awake but she's always in her room resting . There are times that he will offer to pick her up but every time he ask she will tell him that she has to spend the night at the restaurant .  And the weekends that she's off she will ask if she can visit her parents house which he can't refuse. Rj was having this feeling that Maine was trying to avoid him and he doesn't know why .

     Maine tried her bed to avoid Rj for the past 3 weeks . She's been picking up extra shifts and been accepting cake orders just to get her away from their house . She also visited her parents in Bulacan instead of staying home on her day offs because she knows Rj cannot refuse if she ask . She only stays home when she knows that Rj was working to make sure they will not be alone together . Whenever she knows that he is home , she just stays in her room she so he will not bring up the question he wanted to ask her .

       Rj was desperate to talk to Maine , no matter how he tried she keep on avoiding him . For the first time in his life he admitted that he misses her . He got used to seeing her at the house , cooking in the kitchen , watching tv , that made him realize that he miss her . He also thinks that he's more affected with Maine avoiding him than when Elize cheated on him . He suddenly remember it was almost a year since they got married . They never celebrated the day they got married because for him it was the day the he lost his happiness . Some how Maine was one of the reason Elize left and cheated on him .

       Maine looked at the calendar , he sees that in a few weeks it will be a year since she got married . She always thinks that she and Rj got married for convenience to satisfy their parents . That is why she never demanded Rj to take her out on their monthsaries  nor asked him if he has plan for their anniversary. She remembered the first week of their marriage when Rj some what blamed her in the situation they were into . She was hurt when she sees him call and texted Elize even in front of her . She felt like her heart were being stab with many knives everytime she hears Rj tell Elize he loves her .

       Rj had an idea how he and Maine will be able to talk. He then called his mom to asked for help

" Hello Mom "
" RJ Iho napatawag ka , how are you ? Hows Maine ?"
"Ok naman po kami mom "
" You dont sound ok , May problema ba ?dont tell me its Elize "
" No mom its not Elize "
" That's good , akala ko hanggang ngayon nakikipagkita ka pa rin sa babaeng yon "
" Mom hingi po sana ako ng pabor sa inyo "
" Anong favor yon anak ? "
" Pwede nyo po bang imbitahan si Maine dyan sa Laguna "
" Bakit hindi ikaw ang magsabi ?
" Its a long story Mom "
" Nag away ba kayo ?"
" Hindi po , pero feeling ko po iniiwasan nya ako "
" Bakit ka naman iiwasan ni Maine ?
" Hindi ko po alam "
" Siguro may nagawa ka na nasaktan mo sya "
" Mom pls , pauwiin nyo si Maine ng Laguna "
" O sige kung ano man ang plano mo it better be good ".
" Yes mom I promised "

Maine was in the process of making a cake when her phone rings . She checked who's calling first before answering it . She was surprise when she saw who it was , it was her mother in law .

"Hello "
" Hello Maine , Anak si mommy Rio mo ito".
" Hello Mommy , napatawag po kayo may problema po ba ?"
" Wala naman anak , gusto ko lang sanang imbitahin ka sa Linggo dito sa bahay "
" Alam na po ba ito ni Rj "
" Tatawagan ko sya pagkatapos , inuna kita kasi alam ko busy ka "
" Ok po , Ano pong meron "
" Wala naman simpleng dinner lang , na miss na namin kayo ni Rj eh ."
" O sige po Mommy pupunta po kami "
" Ipapahanda ko ang mga paborito nyong pagkain "
" Thank You po "

Sunday came fast, she found herself on the passenger seat of Rj's car going to Laguna . To avoid any conversation, Maine closed her eyes the whole trip and pretended she was asleep . Rj didn't bother her the whole drive , he was so focus on  driving so they wont catch any traffic . They arrive in Laguna around 3 pm , Rio told them to rest for now and they will be called when dinner is ready .

       Maine felt nervous since they arrive in Laguna . She feels like something was up and she cant figure out what it is . She cant wait until the dinner is done  so they can go home . While waiting for the dinner , Maine went up to the tree house and rest there . She can see around the farm where she was sitting . The air was so fresh that she felt so relaxed . She savoring the moment alone  when she heard Rj's voice .

      Rj was looking for the right time to talk to Maine before dinner . When they got to his parents house Maine looked worried . He was thinking that Maine had a feeling that he was up to something . When he saw Maine went up the tree house he immediately followed her  . Before going up he first observe what she was doing, she was sitting in the tree house with her eyes close  savoring the fresh air . Maine looked so relaxed that she didn't noticed that Rj was already in the tree house with her . Rj saw her startle when he finally spoke . 

" Maine pwede ba tayong mag usap "
" RJ!! ikaw pala , ginulat mo naman ako "
" Pasensya ka na kung nagulat kita "
" Dinner na ba ?"
" Hindi pa "
" Ah ! ok sige tulungan ko muna sila "
"Maine sandali " Rj grabbed her hand .
"Ano yun Rj "
" Iniiwasan mo ba ako "
" Hindi "
" Pero parang iniiwasan mo ako , lagi kang overtime , tapos pag off mo umaalis ka naman "
" Busy lang talaga sa work tapos na miss ko sila nanay "
" May isa pa akong tanong "
" May nangyari ba sa atin noong nalasing ako ?"
" A .. Anong ibig mong sabihin ?"

Maine pretended that she doesn't remember what happened .

" Akala ko nananaginip lang ako pero pag gising ko may dugo sa sofa , im half naked  at yung familiar smell sa dream ko naamoy ko sa banyo natin from your soap , gusto ko sanang malaman ang totoo."

       Maine wasn't surprise when Rj asked her that question but she had a hard time answering it . It took her a few seconds before she came up an answer . She cant't tell him what had happen because knowing Rj he will do the right thing that is to take responsibility . Maine cant handle imprisoning him to a relationship with one way love in between them . Two years is more than enough for her to experience being Mrs. Reyes . She knows that Rj still love  Elize and she's the reason why he got drunk that night . She knows because he was calling her name all night  and while they were making love . It hurt her so much that while she was giving him her all , he was calling her with a different name .

" Walang nangyari sa atin tinulungan lang kita ng gabing yon "
" Pero bakit may dugo "
" Tinagusan lang ako ng naupo ako sa sofa , hayaan mo lilinisin ko yon "
" Maine sigurado ka bang walang nangyari "
" Wala talaga , pinunasan lang kita that night para mahimasmasan ka pero hindi nag work "
" Pero yung amoy ng sabon mo "
" Yung sabon ko ang ginamit kong pampunas sayo "
" So panaginip lang pala ang lahat "

   Maine looked away , she wanted to avoid his stare. She feels like he can read what she was thinking and hiding if she look at his eyes .

" Oo nananaginip ka lang siguro "