Morning After

Rj woke up day after the wedding feeling disoriented . He woke up in an unfamiliar place but the smell seem so familiar . He tried to look around , he sees that everything is yellow in the room and so feminine . He tried to remember what happened the night before . Rj remembered getting married to Maine and how beautiful his bride is . He also remember how he drown himself with alcohol during the reception , the question is who brought him in the room. Trying to figure out where he's at when he felt something move beside him. He looked to his left side and there she was , his bride  sleeping peacefully beside him .  Rj finally figure out where he's at , he is in Maine's room and her bed , no wonder the smell is so familiar .  He then looked at Maine for a while , she looked so angelic while sleeping  ,when he noticed dried tears on her cheeks . He felt guilt all of a sudden for drinking so much the night before  . Rj wondered if his behavior  that made Maine cry on her sleep or the situation they are in at the moment .

          Maine felt so drained because of all the preparations she made for their so called wedding . She wanted to sleep the whole day if she can . She felt so tired emotionally and physically . Emotionally because she felt so unwanted because Rj had to drown himself with alcohol just to get through their wedding . Physically because of all the hands on preparation she did for their wedding and taking care of his drunk groom on their wedding night . All she wanted was to rest before their flight to Hongkong  two days from now , when she remembered she still need to get their things ready for the trip . She then force herself to open her eyes when she saw Rj already awake .

" Good morning. " Rj greeted her .
" Good morning din " She greeted back
" I like your room "
" Thank you "
" Pasensya ka na kagabi ha , napadami yata inom ko"
" No worries , I understand "
" Sino nga pala nagdala sa akin dito "
" Kami ni Jerald "
" Thank you ha "
" Gutom ka na ba , gusto mo ng kape , may damit ka nga pala dyan nagpadala mommy mo bago sila umuwi "
" Mamaya na lang  siguro "
" Ok "

        Maine then got up and went to the bathroom  to change and get ready , it was already 10 am and she has many things to do . When she was done she told Rj that she prepared towels and toiletries for him in then bathroom before going downstairs  . Rj thank her before he got up from the bed and went in to change . Maine then went straight to the kitchen to warm up some food and prepare some coffee   for her husband . After 30 minutes, Rj went downstairs and joined her in the kitchen .  She then gave him a cup of coffee and ask him what he wanted to eat , like a wife suppose to be doing .

" Coffee lang ako , thank you , ikaw ? "
" Nag kape na ako at nag cereal "
" Uuwi nga  pala ako ng Laguna mamaya para ihanda ang mga gamit ko para sa hongkong "
" Ok "
" Gusto mo bang sunduin na lang kita dito o magkita na lang tayo sa airport?"
" Ikaw na lang ang bahala "

Maine was waiting for Rj to asked her if she wanted to go with him to Laguna , but he didn't . "May be he wasn't ready " she just told herself . She then excuse herself and went back upstairs . When she got in the room , thats when she let her tears fall. She was really hurt but she doesn't want to Rj to see her so affected . She needed to be to tough for the next two years and guard her emotions . She wipe down her tears and started to get her things ready for Hongkong .

Rj was left drinking coffee in the kitchen . He wondered if he should ask Maine to go with him to Laguna . He realized that he wont be able to go see Elize if Maine will come with him . He knows that his parents would have Maine go with him wherever he goes if she would have come with him . He dismissed the idea of asking her so she will have time to spend time with her parents before they leave . He then finish his coffee and went back upstairs to tell Maine he's leaving .

Maine was putting her things in her luggage when she heard something beep . She looked for it and found Rj's phone on the floor . She then saw whose calling  it was Elize . She felt shooting pain coming from her chest ,she knows that even though Rj and her  were already married , that Elize has more right than she is . Maine was getting jealous all of a sudden  it getting harder and harder for her to control her feelings . When the ringing stopped , she then put the phone down by the night stand and went back to what she's doing when she heard a knock . She opened the door and it was RJ .