The Agreement

Rj came up with a plan and he needs to tell Maine right away . Maine and Rj needs to come up with an agreement before they go to Bulacan the next day . In the middle of the night Rj tried to call Maine .

" Hello" Maine answered the phone already half asleep
" Hello Maine si Rj ito "
"Rj ikaw pala , napatawag ka "
" Pasensya ka na nagising yata kita , pwede ka bang makausap ?"
"Ayuz lang , tungkol saan ba ang pag uusapan natin "
" Tungkol sa sitwasyon natin ngayon "
" Pasensya kana sinubukan kong kausapin ulit si nanay at tatay pero ayaw nilang makinig sa akin "
"Huwag kang mag alala , nakaisip na ako ng plano para di tayo matali sa isat isa "

Maine felt sad after hearing what Rj had told her . Rj didn't want to be with her thats for sure because they are not even married yet he already has plans so that they will not be stuck together . The only thing Maine did was to agree with Rj . She loves Rj and that she doesn't want him to be miserable all his life if they stayed together .

Rj told Maine his plans one by one . He told her that they will just be married for 2 years and after that they can file for annulment . Two years should probably enough time for their parents to realize how miserable they are being married with each other , and that they will not get in the way if they get an annulment .

The second plan was that Rj and Maine they needs to come up with an agreement during that two years that they are married . One of the agreement was for them to live far from both of their parents so that they will not suspect that they are up to something. They will sleep in separate rooms in the house . Maine and Rj have to split up the chores because they will not hire any maids . The reason they don't want a hired help , so that nobody will see their living arrangements in their house . Also they can do all the things they do before they get married . Rj told Maine that she can work if she wants to . Last but not the lease was they will not meddle in each others affairs to avoid conflict .

The last plan was not having a big wedding, Rj told Maine that it would be easier to part ways if less people know that they got married. A simple wedding should be proper with just their immediate family . Maine tried to digest all the things that Rj told her . Even if she was hurt because of his plans she can't help but to agree with him . Maine is just thankful that she will have a chance to be a wife to Rj even for just 2 years .

" Pero Rj , paano kung magtanong sila kung bakut simple lang ang wedding natin "
" Sabihin na lang natin na pag iipunan muna natin ang engrandeng kasal "

After both Maine and Rj agreed with the plans they hang up . Rj fell asleep right away after he talked to Maine . He felt like a big load got off his chest . " Two years should be quick " he told himself .

    The next day Rj's family went to Bulacan to talk to Maine's parent's . Before any decisions  were to be made , Rj wanted to talked to both parents first .

"Mom , Dad , Tito and Tita , gusto po naming malaman nyo na nakapagusap na po kami ni Maine"
" Ano ang napag usapan nyo " Rio asked
" Napag usapan po namin ni Rj na isang simple wedding lang po ang gusto namin "
"Maine , anak  minsan lang. mangyayari sa isang babae ang ikasal hindi pwede  hindi engrande ang kasal nyo " Ann implied
" Pag iipunan po muna namin ang engrandeng kasal  Nay"
" Napag usapan din po namin na kumuha ng condo "
" Hindi ba pwedeng sa bahay na lang kayo tumira Rj" Ann asked .
" Nay! gusto po namin matutunan ang buhay may asawa kaya kami bubukod , dadalawin ko na lang po kayo ng madalas " Maine assured to her mom .
" Kailan nyo naman gustong maganap ang kasal , kung maari sana ay sa lalong madaling panahon " Ted told Maine and Rj .
" Pag naayos na po lahat ng paper works Tito , si Maine na po ang bahala kung saan gaganapin "
" Gusto ko po sana garden wedding dyan sa veranda during sunset "
" That's a great idea anak " Rio told Maine
" Maigi naman at nakapag usap na kayo ng maayos ni Rj , Maine ". Chad said
" Mga anak since nagkasundo na pala kayo ng gusto nyo , wala na palang dapat kaming pag uusapan nila kumpare ".

         The two family had lunch after all the planning for the wedding . Then after lunch Rj and Maine went to the city hall to apply for marriage license . They got the license right away because the mayor helped them which happens to be one of Maine's  ninong . The Mayor is also the one that will officiate their wedding which will happen two weeks from now .

      After getting their license , Rj and his family went back to Laguna . After that day , Maine took care of everything for the wedding . Rj got busy with his business and looking for a place they will live away from everybody . Then he went to Elize to tell her the bad news  . Rj was surprise of her reaction , Elize was surprise alright but she didn't exhibit  any anger or anything . Rj explained to her the situation and  she said she understand . Then Elize asked Rj if they could still be friends , Rj then agreed with Elize . Rj didn't even wonder about her reaction , the only thing that matters to him is that she understand the situation and he will not loose her .

        Maine doesn't know what to feel at the moment . Being the bride and will be Mrs. Faulkerson in two weeks she should be happy. She was having mix emotions because she knew that there was a time limit of her carrying the Faulkerson name . Maine's mom cant help but asked her why .

" Maine anak , may problema ba "
"Wala naman po , Nay"
" Pansin ko kasi mukhang malungkot ka ,akala ko ba ito ang gusto mo "
"  Gusto ko nga po kaya lang ang gusto ko yung hindi sya napipilitan lang "
" Hindi naman natin sya pinilit , pumayag naman sya diba "
" Naiisip ko lang po yung mangyayari pag magkasama na kami "
" Just be patient anak, In time lalabas din ang true feelings nya sayo "
"Sana nga po Nay!"
"Right now enjoy mo ang pagiging bride mo , forget all your worries and be happy "
" Thank you po Nay "

       For the past two weeks Maine got really busy preparing for the wedding . Even if it was just a simple preparations , there were still a lot of things to do . For her wedding dress she got a very simple dress nothing fancy even if her mom and ninang insisted . She figured she doesn't need a very elegant dress because she know for a fact that her marriage will end in two years . She just have to get through  the preparations and the wedding day . She decided to just bake the cake for her wedding . It is a two layer mainebow cake with white butter cream icing . She will decorate it with yellow flower icing , her favorite color. For the decorations she picked carnations , preferably yellow carnations  . She hired a caterer for the reception which will be held in their back yard .

        3 days before the wedding day , Maine finished all the preparations , the only thing she had to do was make a place in their backyard where they can do their wedding vows . She found a perfect spot to set up , it was overlooking the beach .  They made a small gazebo on the spot and put flowers on its 4 poles .Then they put chairs around it , where their family will sit and witness her wedding .

For Rj , two weeks went by really fast . He cant believe that its only 3 days before the wedding , his wedding . He doesn't really know what to expect , Maine took care of everything , he just need to show up . He didn't even know if he needs to make a vow , he decided to txt Maine .

Maine , its Rj hows all the preparation going .

All the preparations are done , I just have to iced the cake .

So you decided to bake the cake .

Thats ok its just a double layer cake and since it's only us and our family , I just made it simple .

Ah Ok , I guess ill just see you on Sunday .

Ok see you

One more question

What is it ?

About the vows ..

We don't have to

Ok

After exchanging text messages with Maine. Rj realized that he forgot to picked up his suit from the couturier . He was suppose to pick it up 3 days ago so that he can fit it and make proper alterations if needed . Now he was just hoping that none is needed because there is no more time to alter it . He imagined if it was Elize that he 's gonna marry , will he forget important details of the wedding . Rj was thinking when he realized he was already at the shop . He went in and asked for his suit . The suit was grey and white . He tried it on and looked at himself at the mirror , the suit was a perfect fit . He then told himself " this is it " from that point on he knows that there is no more turning back .