Shamed Confession

Start from the beginning

"No! We can't tell him anything. And how do you know that he likes me?"

She rolled her eyes. "Because, the other night when Jay had left the room, he came to our dorm! He's at our dorm now, talking to Mal."

"About me?"

She nodded excitedly, looking around the room. "Anyways, you ask too many questions. Let's go hook you two up."

She got up and speed walked toward the door.

"No, no!" I said. Why couldn't she see that I didn't want him to know? I didn't want to be with him! Well, I did. But this wasn't the way.

"Evie, stop! Really, come on?!" I gently pushed Dude off of me, who hopped off the bed and to the floor. He lazily rolled under the bed in silence.

"It's too late!" She yelled from down the hallway.

I began to sweat harshly and shake uncontrollably. Please, let her trip. Don't let her make it to Jay before I do.

I ran down the hallway and towards her dorm.

"Oh, hey Carlo-" I pushed Ben out of the way. Jeez, that guy was everywhere. But I really felt bad for just pushing him like that. Anyways, I had to dust it off.

I soon ran passed Evie and to her dorm. I threw myself inside and slammed the door behind me, locking it.

"What the hell, Carlos?" Mal said.

Jay was sitting on one of the girls' bed, looking at me crazily.

"Hey gu-" I was out of breath.

Suddenly, there was beating on the door. Evie, I presume.

"Hey! Open the door!" She yelled from outside.

"Okay, someone needs to explain why my door is locked; like right now," Mal started.

"Have you been running?" Jay asked.

I nodded slowly.

"Uhm," Mal fake coughed. "Explain. And for goodness' sake, let Evie in!"

I sighed and unlocked the door. The moment where I ended, oh no...

"Okay, okay! So good news!" Evie said.

"What? Why did Carlos lock you out?" Mal said.

"Because he-"

"Wait, Evie!"

"No, I need to-"

"Please don't-"

"Hey!" Jay yelled.

Everyone got quiet and looked at him.

"Let 'Los talk."

I smiled reluctantly and shook my head. "There's nothing to say..." I mumbled.

"You tell him or I do. This is ridiculous, 'Los. You shouldn't have to keep this a secret."

"Me? Tell me what?" Jay said.

A silence sat in the room as I looked around uncomfortably. I shuffled my feet a little, looking down at them.

"I," A lump rose in my throat.

"I l-like you."

The entire room was in silence.

I felt like Jay was glaring at me; like Mal was looking at me in disgust; like Evie's face was twisted in an elated smile.

"I can't believe it..." Jay said.

I knew he hadn't liked me. The lump in my throat hardened and tears started streaming down my face. I was so embarrassed. I turned towards the door.