Shamed Confession

Carlos' P.O.V

"Go get it, Dude!"

Dude ran across the field and towards the disk I'd thrown.

I'd been so ecstatic ever since I'd laid in bed that day with Jay. I wonder if he'd thought about it as much as I had; probably not.

Dude ran back to me with the disk in his mouth, wagging his tail.

"Good boy. Wanna go inside? It's getting a little hot."

He ran in a circle.

"Mkay."

I grabbed the disk and started back towards my dorm with Dude following me.

I ran into Ben on the way.

"Hey, Carlos. Hey, Dude."

"Hey Ben."

"You were just outside with Dude?"

I nodded.

He smiled. "Okay, see you later. Bye Dude."

Dude barked and we started walking again.

I didn't have anything else to do today and it was only twelve o' clock. I'd been itching to go somewhere to eat, but I didn't have any money. I guess I was just destined for a boring Saturday.

Walking into my dorm, I slammed my body back onto my bed. Dude hopped onto the bed with me and laid on top of me.

I touched the necklace Jay had given me and bit my lip. I didn't even know where he was; I'd woken up and he was gone. He never told me where he was going.

I missed him all day; the playful tackles, the endless laughs, the childish attitude. It was like we were closer now a days and I loved it. But he also seemed to be gone more. It really annoyed me. But I couldn't be clingy to someone I wasn't even with.

So I just had to deal with him being gone.

As I fell out of my thoughts, I heard a soft knock at the door.

"Come in." I said.

The door slowly opened and Evie's face followed.

"Hey 'Los."

"Hey Evie. What's up?"

She shrugged. "Just bored." She looked really nervous.

"What's wrong?"

She sighed. "Okay, okay. Um-" She smiled. "You can't tell anyone that I told you this."

"What is it?" Suddenly, I was excited.

"Oh my gosh. I don't know if I should tell you."

"Well youve already told me that there was something. You might as well tell me now."

She bit her lip and looked up at the ceiling. She sighed and opened her mouth slowly. "But it was a promise and-"

"Evie, spill it."

"Jay, Jay... He... He likes... You."

I cocked my head and felt my heart warm up.

"No he doesn't. That's gay. And I'm not gay. So, why would I care? No." My words stuttered out. She had to have been lying.

I began shaking and tried not to blush.

"Well-" She smiled. "He does."

"I-" I started choking on my words.

"Yay! You like him too! We have to tell him!" Evie shrieked.

"I never said that I-"

"Sh, sh, sh. No need. We have to tell him."