18) Visitor Rights

Start from the beginning

   Giovanni shook his head and closed the box, looking at it instead of Ash "I don't know... could be pride".

   Ash shook his head and stood, taking the game box "no, I think it's for the same reason you have two offices" he reached a hand out to help the other boy up.

   Giovanni took it without hesitation, though he didn't actually use Ash to help himself up, conscious of Ash's wounds "and what's that reason".

   Ash thought as he spoke "for appearances, but not pride, kind of like a cover or something like a squirtle shell" he shrugged "it makes you feel less vulnerable".

   Giovanni winced and looked away "uh, yeah... I guess I do that a lot".

   Ash laughed and poked him "there's nothing wrong with protecting yourself there's just no need for it here, relax, take a nap, pamper Persian like you always do when you think no one's looking" he grinned at Giovanni. Persian purred from the bed.

   The man rolled his eyes and gently pushed Ash away "go put that up idiot".

   Ash laughed and left with the game. Giovanni left Ash's pillow and blanket on the floor and took his own onto the bed, sitting across it and leaning against the wall with his feet stretched toward the other side. He helped Persian to carefully come over until it's head rested in his lap and Pikachu curled up on his other side, positioning the pillow behind him and the blanket over Persian. Ash came back to that and smiled at him "see, you already got to the pampering part".

   Giovanni raised an eyebrow at him "I will hit you with a pillow".

   Ash grinned and grabbed his pillow and blanket "fine fine, I'll keep my silence". He crawled up beside Giovanni and dropped his pillow on the other side of the rocket boss's lap, gathering Pikachu in his arms. He settled down, resting his head on the pillow and, subsequently, Giovanni's lap.

   Giovanni tensed slightly, looking down at him "... what are you doing".

   Ash looked up at him "you're obviously refusing to lay down still so one of us might as well, besides I'm tired to". He tried to pull the blanket over him with one hand, the other keeping a hold on Pikachu.

   Giovanni reached out to help him with the blanket without really thinking about it "ok, so why pick my as your pillow, you have a room".

   Ash settled down when they had the blanket in position "yes I do but this was closer and I'm cold".

   Giovanni frowned "you are".

   Ash nodded "yeah, why so serious all of the sudden".

   Giovanni felt his forehead, peering at him in worry "blood loss can cause people to feel colder, what else are you feeling, nauseous, dizzy".

   Ash grabbed his hand and pulled it away "just cold, calm down". He kept a hold of Giovanni's hand so he couldn't start checking him again, drawing it down under the blanket's with him as he pulled them up to his chin. Giovanni tried not to think about it too much.

   He also didn't pull the hand away "fine but if you start feeling anything else just tell me".

   Ash smiled "yes sir". Ash cuddled closer to Giovanni's heat, ending up pressing his face into the man's stomach before relaxing with Pikachu curled against his chest.

   Giovanni tried to convince himself that his heart was not beating faster. He wasn't having much luck. In fact all his luck seemed to have left him because just then Delia knocked and peeked her head in "Ash if y-...". Her eyebrows went up as she looked at them, Giovanni staring back at her with a very dear-in-the-headlights look.