CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Nicholas

We arrived at the hospital and people immediately rushed over to Liam. I wanted to follow them but they told me to wait in the next room.

By now my mom was with me again and she had called dad, but he still had to work, so it was just me and my mom waiting for Liam. Caring about him.

-

"Honey, wake up. They have Liam in his room now. One person at a time can see him. He's not awake yet." My mom woke me up.

I felt a tear drop down my face as i stood up. I looked at the clock. It was 2am, I've fallen asleep for about 4 hours.

I went into the room with one of the doctors.

"Wh...what's going on with him? Is he going to be ok?" I walked over to his bed and held his hand. Liams face looked like an elephant has walked over it and he had a cast around his leg and bandages around both of his arms. His forehead was stitched up. Again.

"The good news is, he's alive. He has lost much blood. He is very unstable but we try our best. The blood came out for over an hour which is very bad, but we managed to stabilise him. His leg is broken as well as some ribs, it's the second time on one rib. We had to stitch up one of the cuts on his arm because it was dangerously deep and on the other ones we put tape to hold them together. You know that he is self harming, don't you?" She gave me a pityful smile.

"Yes, but he stopped, for a while now. But we got into a fight and...I guess he did it again. All because of me. If he's going to die because of me...I can't...I can't bare that." I cried again and the doctor came over to me and hugged me.

"He's not going to die. I belive that he stopped hurting himself and only recently started again, we could see that some scars have been healing for some time, but let me know if you need numbers for people that can help him."

"Thank you but that won't be necessary. I'll never leave his side ever again." I kissed his cheek.

"I hope so."

"How long is he going to be like that? Sleeping...or in a coma or-" I kissed his cheek softly.

"He's not in a coma. You could say he's sleeping but a bit deeper. Just know that he'll probably and hopefully wake up in a couple of days." She patted my back. "I'll talk to your mother about the rest of the things. Could you maybe get me his parents' numbers so I can inform them?"

"No. They're not available. You can tell my mother everything he needs.."

"Ok, I'll see how I'll handle that. I'll leave you alone now." She smiled at me and left the room.

I turned my whole attention back to Liam and moved closer to him.

"Hey Baby. I'm here ok? I'm here, I'll always be here and I'll never leave you. I love you, you hear that. I love you and I know you love me too." I went up to his face and debated wether or not I should kiss him. I decided to do it.

"I always wondered if they could feel it, you know. Ir if he can feel getting kissed by his boyfriend. I always feel when my girlfriend kisses me in my sleep." I turned around at the unknown voice. "Hello, I'm Tony Melley, a friend of Liams, nice to meet you." He stook his hand out to me.

"You were...in the parking lot- girlfriend?" I wanted to cry again.

"Yes, girlfriend. And you're Liams boyfriend Nicholas, right? He's told me so much about you. And I don't know why you kissed that other boy at your school right infront of him. I'd really like to know because I really like Liam and I don't want him to get hurt. Again."