Chapter 32: Yami's Plan

Comenzar desde el principio

I smiled. "Fine but you be careful, Hiroki. Try not to get too reckless as you fight." I said.

"Don't worry. I won't. Now go on! These things are annoying me as they keep increasing." Daisuke said as he continued fighting.

"Okay, okay..." I said as I ran quickly with Kaname and the other reincarnations to the residence.

*Michiko's PoV*

I saw Kaname, Lily, and the others were almost here so I quickly hopped off my bed and made my way to the door until I felt a pair of arms around my waist.

"Don't betray me...Michiko." I heard a sad voice behind me.

No... that couldn't be... It just can't!

"K-Keiji?"

I slowly turned my head to see who was behind me but it was someone else, and I quickly pulled away.

"No. You're not Keiji! You're Yami, the man that wants Lily-sama!"

"You're correct about me being Yami, but I am also Keiji Kurono." He said in a very distant tone.

"No... I'm not going to believe that. Keiji would never even think-"

"That last day we saw each other in the hilltop... That kiss we shared. I haven't forgotten that." He said in a sincere tone.

"Why? Why are you doing this..?" I said in an upset tone.

To think... That Keiji is the one who created this big mess!

"The Kuran family both turned Keira into a vampire and killed her at the same time. That hurt me so much, up to the point that I gave myself to the Ayakashi, vowing for revenge. I don't wish to hurt you Michiko, but if you do not hand me the scroll, I have no choice. I am begging you. Please don't make me do something that I will regret."

My eyes widened at the mention of Keira's name. His little sister died? Even so, I cannot hold back. As much as I love him... I can't allow him to do as he pleases, no matter how much it hurts me.

"Don't you understand that my family's duty is to protect those six families? I must do what is absolutely necessary in order to save Lily."

"...And what about me? Don't you want to save me?" He said in a soft tone, embracing me from behind.

My eyes widened. "I-"

"Michiko, no!" A woman called to me from behind the door of my room.

The door in front of me banged open and there appeared Lily carrying Golden Artemis, along with Kaname and the four other reincarnations.

"Lily-sama...." I said.

"Don't give him the scroll, Michiko. I am begging you." Kaname said.

"Michiko, please... I simply need Lily-san to create a new world. An Ayakashi world free from vampires that bring pain to others. So that the tragedy that I had won't occur again..."

I looked at Lily, but she shook her head as if telling me not to give it to him.

I'm sorry, Keiji. But now I have a new goal in my life... And that is to save you from the depths of sadness.

Tears slowly began to fall out from my eyes. "I am sorry, Keiji..."

I then threw the scroll over to Kaname. "Do whatever you wish with me, Keiji. But I will not let you do as you please. You will not hurt Lily!" I said confidently.

He broke from the embrace, and stepped back. He was quiet for a time, and I couldn't identify his feelings.

"It's quite fine, Michiko. I will just go to Plan B. And I have no intention of hurting the woman that I continue to have feelings for." He said in an evil but lonely tone.