𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝑠𝑖𝑥.

26. | chapter twenty-six

 | chapter twenty-six

peace at last.

↠↠↠

One of the Sentinel's began to charge at the group of three when Erik ripped it apart completely. Lydia held her hand up towards the guns and flew them all away with the swipe of her hand. Raven held the gun pointed at Erik and shot, only just grazing the side of his neck.

Erik dropped to the floor and held onto his wound before smirking up at Raven. "You use to be a better shot."

"Trust me, I still am." Raven flipped and kicked Erik's head, watching as he became unconscious. She then turned the gun on Trask.

"Raven!" Lydia quickly went up to her as she turned around and placed her hands on either side of her head so that she would freeze and see what Charles and her wanted to show her.

"Lydia! Get out of my head!" Raven yelled.

"Raven, please stop," Lydia begged.

"Do not make us the enemy today," Charles said.

"Look around you, we already are," Raven said.

"We aren't all the enemy," Lydia told her. "The humans are just scared of what we can do. They're scared, and when someone is scared they lash out."

"You've already saved the lives of these men. You can show them the better path," Charles said. "I've been trying to control you ever since the day we met. And look where that's got us," he chuckled.

"Everything that happens now is your choice," Lydia said, smiling at her.

"I have faith in you, Raven. We have faith in you."

Lydia let go of Raven's head and she looked at Trask, the gun still trained on him.

↠↠↠

The Sentinel's were quick to kill Bobby, then charged into the room the rest of the mutants were in. Three large Sentinel's stared down at the group of mutants and opened up their faces.

"I guess this is it," Avery sadly spoke, shaking her head. "It was nice knowing you all, even you, lil Bro."

Charlie smiled lightly. "I love you, too, Sis."

The Sentinel's fired at the group and then everything went black.

↠↠↠

Raven dropped the gun onto the lawn.

Lydia grabbed onto her and pulled her into a hug, a much needed one. Raven wrapped her arms around her, also. "I'm so proud of you," Lydia whispered in her ear. "So very proud."

"I love you, Lyds," Raven whispered.

Lydia smiled. "I love you too, Rav."

They let go of each other and then Raven began to walk off, not before pulling off Erik's anti-telepathic helmet. "He's all yours, Charles and Lyds." And then she was gone.

Lydia looked down at Erik's unconscious body with a smile. Finally that stupid smirk was wiped off his face. She rubbed her fingers together and pressed them against his forehead, and then watched as his eyes snapped open and he stood up.

Hank carried Charles towards Erik so they could see each other. "If you let them have me I'm as good as dead," Erik told Charles straight away. "You know that."

Lydia scoffed. "Well it's kind of obvious."

"I know," Charles replied to him, then continued to do nothing.

"Goodbye old friend," Erik nodded at Charles, then turned to Lydia. "Goodbye Lydia."

"Goodbye Erik," Charles and Lydia said. Lydia smiled at Erik as he levitated himself into the air and then flew off.

↠↠↠

Logan woke up to the new 2023 with a frown. There was a hologram of a clock beside him with a soft song playing. He slowly sat up in the bed and took in his surroundings before smiling to himself, realising that he was back at the Xavier mansion. Logan quickly bolted out of bed and out of his room to see that everything had changed so much, because he didn't know any better.

He walked down the corridor, watching as all of the students hurried to their first classes. Logan suddenly bumped into someone, and turned around to see Beast, alive and well.

"Hey, Logan. Off to a late start?" And then Hank disappeared.

Logan continued down the hallway, looking into every classroom for one woman in particular. He was then caught off guard, which rarely happened, when hands were placed on his shoulders and spun him around. Logan's heart automatically skipped a beat at the sight of Avery, when she pressed her lips against his.

"Sorry I was busy last night," Avery whispered as she pulled away slightly from the kiss. "Promise it won't happen again."

Logan grinned at her as Avery spun around and walked off, not before sending a very flirtatious look back at him.

Logan chuckled as he continued to watch the woman walk off when a different woman turned the corner, bringing another smile to Logan's face. Lydia's eyes crinkled and her smile was wide as she made her way up to Logan.

"Hey, Claws," she greeted. "You have a class, remember?" After seeing his perplexed face, Lydia went through his brain. She immediately found that he had just returned from the year 1973, and smiled. "Welcome back. Clearly we're currently not at war with the Sentinel's so all went well."

Logan looked around with a nod. "Good to see everything's so normal." He turned back to Lydia. "Is Charlie....?"

"Yes, he's here. As well as Avery," Lydia laughed. "Charlie is supposedly teaching a sport class outside and Avery is on her way to a health class." She rolled her eyes. "Out of all the classes they choose to teach, they choose fitness and health."

"Yeah, well, they have to let their energy out somehow," Logan shrugged. "Get that from their father, I suppose."

"Come here," Lydia stepped forward and gave Logan a hug. "I never got to tell you how thankful I was that you came back and changed the past. We are all here because of you."

Logan smiled as he hugged her back. "No, we are all her because of you."

Suddenly, someone who's as fast as the speed of light sped up to the two. He looked decent with age as his grey hair was still in tact and his goggles laid on his head. Minimal wrinkles covered his skin. He looked good for his age of sixty eight.

Logan and Lydia pulled away. "Hands off my girl, Claws," Peter Maximoff said, then turned to Lydia and kissed her cheek. "Hey, Chiki Babe."

She smiled lovingly at him before he sped off. "Peter, you're going to sprain yourself again!" There was a thump from down the corridor and then the sound of Peter groaning. Lydia began to stalk after her husband. "My god, that man child will be the death of me." Lydia quickly turned around and smiled at Logan.

"He's in his office if you want to talk to him." And then she was gone.

- days of future past is absolutely my favourite X-Men movie besides x-men 2 and logan, but the sentinels always use to scare the absolute crap out of me. -