Sunshine

Gerard looked through the window of the train at the baby blue sky. Blue wasn't his favorite color but he certainly enjoyed it.

He smiled brightly and squinted his eyes at the shining sun's rays.
He yawned and stretched, sitting upright in his seat once again.

He didn't know where he was going but he needed to just go.
He dug through his backpack that had a million shades of pinks and reds and pulled out his box of crayons and a coloring book.
He crossed his right leg over his left and began to color in a pretty rose.

By the time he was halfway done, the train stopped. He looked out and squinted at the letters of the station
"Cali-California?"
He spoke quietly out loud.
"Wow... i'm far away from home.." he mumbled but shrugged and stood up, hiding onto his coloring book and crayons firmly as he stepped off the train, being careful to balance his steps.

He looked around, many people were hugging each other and having small reunions. But not Gerard. He was alone, and that's all he thinks he'll ever be.
He sighed sadly and kept his head down as he struggled through the large crowds of people.

He suddenly came to a stop, as there were people blocking his way.

"E-excuse me.." he spoke in a quiet voice.
He was sure the man in front of him didn't hear.

He cleared his throat and opened his mouth to speak again
"E-excuse-" he was cut off with be trampled onto the ground. His coloring book slid across the ground, being stepped on and his crayons rolling away and being broken in half or to tiny pieces.

"Watch it!" He heard loud voices and at that moment he realized that his skirt had flown up and a group of guys had saw.

They were looking at him with a crazy look in their eyes.

Fear rushed over him as he quickly got up and began to speed walk in between the crowds of people.

"Hey, hot stuff! Come back!" He heard and walked faster, keeping his head down.

Cat calls boomed through Gerard's ears as he walked as quick as he could.

Eventually,  he got to a small gap where people weren't Walking. But unfortunately, the group of men that were following him had been waiting there for him.

One smiled and roughly grabbed Gerard's hips, despite his attempts at getting him off.

He pulled Gerard close to him and started whispering sadistic things that he didn't understand into his ear.

"L-let me go..." a tear fell from his eye.

He didn't like this. He didn't like this at all.

Eventually, his thin body managed to slip through the mans grip, enough to let him run away.

He hugged his shaded bag tightly, tears going down his face as he still heard the men chasing after him.
Why had nobody helped him?

Gerard kept running until he slammed into something.
He had originally thought it was a pole until he heard a short "damnit."

"Ouchy..." he wined, holding his head. Another tear slipped down his cheek.

"Shit, are you okay?"
He sniffled and nervously looked up at the voice.

It was a fairly tall guy, with fairly large muscles. He looked pretty hot actually...

The mans face changed from something unreadable to worry once he looked upon Gerard's tear stained face.

He held out his hand and Gerard flinched, making the other man frown.

Finally, Gerard took his hand and he was helped up.

"T-thank y-"

"Hey, baby. Where'd ya go? I thought we were having fun, huh?"

The man noticed Gerard look behind him in fear at the voice. He whimpered and the man immediately became protective. Why was he being so protective? Why did be want to help so bad? This is just some kid at the train station...

"Come on, baby. Let's go back to my place."

The man scrunched up his nose and stared angrily at the other.

"Does he look comfortable to you?"

"Yeah, he looks fine."

"I dont think so." The guy stated.

"Well, why dont we have him choose?" He spat angrily.

"He isn't a dog!"

"Shut up! Come on baby, unless you wanna stay with this asshole."

Gerard looked between the two and fearfully stepped away from the one whom had been chasing him.

"WHAT A BUNCH OF SHIT, IM GOING TO FUCKING MURDER YOU, YOU FAGGOT." He screamed and Gerard panicked and threw himself to the ground into a ball as a from of defense. He held his shakey hands ove this head, waiting to be kicked or punched. But it didn't come.

"Josh, get him out of here." He heard the friendly voice say and the aggressive got further and further away.

He tensed when he sensed someone crouch down next to him.

"Hey, its okay. He's gone now."

Gerard looked up and into worried but beautiful eyes.
"T-thank you." He spoke in a tired tone.

"I'm Frank by the way." He stood up and held out his hand for gerard. Gerard took it and steadied himslef as he stood.
"Gerard."

"That's a pretty name, Gerard."

He blushed and gripped his backpack strap.

"Where are you headed to Gee?" Frank asked.

"N-nowhere..." he spoke.

"Why don't you come with me? I know I just met you but I wouldnt want you getitng into any more situations like that one..." Frank trailed.

Gerard flinched and stared at the ground, thinking. After the Josh guy came back Gerard made a decision. He'd go with Frank.

Josh began walking and Frank followed him, which Gerard followed closely behind. Not wanting to get lost.

After a minute of walking, Gerard got pushed and he fell to the ground. Frank noticed immediately and had Josh stop
"Are you okay?" He asked.

Gee shook his head 'no' and sniffled, trying not to cry.

"Oh, sweetheart. Don't cry. C'mere." He spoke sweetly and he held out his arms for gee.

Gee wrapped his arms around Frank's neck and Frank hoisted Gee up by his bottom. Making Gee blush.

Josh grabbed Gerard's bag and they began walking again.

Gee rested his head of Frank's shoulder, feeling safe for once in a long time.