Chapter Sixteen

"Thank God you're here, bro! Petr won't shut up about what he wants to wear for Halloween." I think Nathaniel was telling the truth. We were still in mid-September, and Halloween was still over a month away.

"Last year he went as a sexy lumberjack. You wouldn't believe how many Fred Flintstone pants he got tight and how many-"

"Oh good you're here! Alex, secret lover of mine, I need a gay boys opinion here."

I was sure my smile was stiff, nothing about Petr was stereotypical; I'd barely stepped in through the front door. Then again, there wasn't anything stereotypical about any of us. In Florida, when I was introduced to the LGBT scene, my mom really had a lot of connections. I was told I wasn't gay enough. Go figure. Petr on the other hand, wasn't the type to drink beers all day and belch while throwing the word ''bro'' around a lot. Petr was hyper, accepting, and excessively energetic. Most would assume he was gay. Sure he got pretty flirty with me suggesting he was, but I honestly think Petr didn't like to see anyone alone. Maybe there was a certain time in his life when he was alone. I mean think about it, he claimed he could see the past and the future. Plus, his eyes had the ability change colors, though that wasn't anything confirmed; I was still trying to work my way around asking him about that.

Then again, take a look at Nathaniel, the mischievous one; bisexual from what I recently found out. He wasn't going out and breaking hearts. Nathaniel was one of the biggest mysteries to me, next to Mason. One of these days I was sure we were going to have a chat. Particularly about that incident that happened a week ago. I know he asked what it was I said; I was just as curious about it myself.

Petr already had me by the hand, and was pulling me deeper into the house. He was wearing hipster glasses, a white plain sleeveless muscle shirt, and a black beanie loose upon his head. It was weird seeing what my fellow classmates wore outside of school. I was so used to seeing them in their uniforms that I don't think I ever considered how they expressed themselves individually.

Nathaniel seemed to wander off, towards the kitchen I suspected. He wore a short sleeved, white shirt with black sleeves; there were even black stars on the white patch of his chest and stomach.

Benjamin was in the hallway wearing a dark blue denim shirt, giving him a sort of preppy look. He left quite a few buttons undone to show off some chest. I silent tsk-ed myself, that was Ellie's property. It didn't matter if they were dating or not. Not saying she claimed any territory either, but a guy could dream couldn't he?

"Ben! I'm amazed the coach let you off so easily today." That was my subtle attempt at stalling. Undeterred, Petr kept making gentle nudges from his hand to mine, trying to steer us back towards his bedroom.

Benjamin looked like he been caught with his hand in the cookie jar for some reason. "Oh yeah, that." I couldn't forget the first and last time I met his coach either. I still kept a vigilant watch for him around school, because I really believed him when he said this wasn't over. I was already drowning in my school work as it was, so playing lacrosse wouldn't have helped matters.

"You caught me huh?" He still looked guilty, and I knew I should be able to connect the dots. I didn't have enough to go on.

"Well you know me; I have my ways."

"Come on Alex, I really need your opinion."

There was no point in trying to avoid the inevitable. I let Petr tug me the rest of the way, while Benjamin shot me an empathetic look as I stumbled down the hallway. As Petr drew me closer to his room, I couldn't help but sweep the area for someone else. A familiar head of black hair, a mouthful of white teeth that spread wide when he smiled, and I would even tolerate his broody expression.