Chapter 18: Killers

Previously on
'The Original Hybrid'
➰➰

I tossed and I turned all night long. Cold sweat dripping down my body soaking the sheets beneath me. Voices rang through my head whispering my name.

I could feel my claws digging through my skin and my gums were pushing out my fangs. I groaned as my body ached.

My eyes glued shut, I was unable to open them. A flashback of the first time I turned into a hybrid blew through my mind. Blurry visions of all of my victims bloodied and mutilated.

I looked down at my own body, laid out on a table. My thighs spread open and blood coating each of them. I was chained down, unable to move. A women entered the room and ran towards me, a knife gripped in her hand.

I watched as she prepared herself to plunge the knife into my overgrown stomach.

As the tip of the knife was inches away from my stomach, I woke up.

Chapter 18: Killers
➰➰

My mind was completely blank. I can't even comprehend the type of dream I just had. Was it a nightmare or was it a warning? What if it was a vision, of something yet to come. I need to keep my children safe. Not even out of the womb and this world is already trying to take them from me, imagine how hard it's going to be when their actually born.

I make my way to the kitchen and pour myself a cold glass of water. The chilled liquid soothes my burning body.

"What are you doing up at this hour my dear?" Nik's comforting voice spoke.

"I could ask you the same thing". I said, turning to face him.

"I had a nightmare, terrible one really. And I wasn't even in my own body.." His voice trailed off.

 My blood ran cold, everything seemed to stop for a second.

"Did you see a women?" I spit out.

He looked at me, his eyes wide. 

"Answer the question Niklaus."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Yes there was a women. She had a knife and she was going to stab me. Well, not me, but the body I was in. Then I woke and came down here. What is so important about my dream?"

"Because it wasn't just your dream, it was mine too." 

He looked at me in shock, unable to move an inch. 

➰➰➰

"So what, you both had the same weird dream, what's the big deal?" Damon said as he poured himself a drink.

"The problem is that it's not just a dream, I think it's a warning." I said.

"You think Quetsiyah would try and do something to the babies?" Nik whispered to me.

I shook my head. "I don't know but I think we should at least be prepared."