Chpt 3: Reunions

I heard the sound of heavy footsteps coming our way. My anxiety growing by the second. The last time I saw Niklaus was in 1922, the beautiful city of Chicago. The 20's was an extraordinary decade. I had fun with my Mikaelson family, until Papa 'Original' paid us a visit.

I felt the presence of another person in the room. My emerald eyes met with a familiar ocean blue set.

"Catia...?" His voice was soft, just below a whisper. I stood from the couch and waved to him. A smile played on my lips.

"Hello Niklaus, long time no see."

He just stood in the same position not moving an inch. A single tear fell from his beautiful blue eyes. I sighed at the sight of this, he thought I died that night. I rushed to where he stood not thinking clearly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him close. His arms found there way around my waist as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"You're...you're still alive." His voice faltered, causing my heart to ache. He lifted his head off my shoulder and looked me in the eyes.

Rebekah was watching from her seat on the couch. Her face scrunched together in confusion. She was there, why is she confused?

"Why did you wait all this time to come and tell me that you we're alive? You know what, that doesn't matter, your here now. This calls for a celebration!" His once sad expression turned into one of happiness. Wow is this man bipolar or what?

I shook my head at him, my strawberry blonde hair in its loose curls, swaying with the motion.

"Niklaus, I understand you just found out that I'm alive. And I get it, you're happy. I would be too if my said to be dead best friend was standing in my living room. But I can't help but notice the confusion on your sisters face at the mention of my survival."

He rolled his eyes at me, well more at me ignoring his plea to celebrate. I turned to Rebekah hoping she could clear things up. She smiled genuinely before speaking.

"Well, my dear brother here decided to shove a silver dagger dipped in white oak straight through my heart. I tried to rub away with a boy, which didn't work out with my poor brothers plan, as you can imaging. He daggered me while we we're waiting for you behind the bar. Next thing I know, I'm waking up in a warehouse decades later, still wearing the dress from that night."

"Well isn't that just wonderful, you think I'm dead for 5 seconds and you start running around stabbing people, not to mention the fact that she's your sister. Blimey Niklaus, where did your manners run off to".

Rebekah chuckled at my statement. I poured myself a glass of Bourbon and sat in the seat next to her on the love seat.

"So,when does the celebrating begin?" I chugged my Bourbon and gave them my signature smirk.

Look out Mystic Falls, there's a new girl in town.

Hello beautiful people, here is the filler chapter. The next chapter will be longer I promise. I know how I want the story to be so I should be updating a lot in the next couple of weeks. Alright babes, see you next chapter.

~Catia