Chapter 28: Lost in the Cold (II)

Começar do início

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh... oh I stopped falling. But ouch my back. Wait a minute this path should lead me straight to Cuttlefish's place! Maybe i can get the Squid Sisters help." He swims through the ink sewage drains and ends up in the hideout but its completely abandoned...or so he thought.

"Hello? Anybod-"

"Ugh what the FUCK! He said they were here!"

Jared hides behind Cuttlefish's shack and hears Ava and the Octoling team. "What the heck? How did THEY get down here??"

"Lil D said the old geeser was here but IM NOT SEEING THEM!!"

"Calm down, maybe he escaped someplace else." Frosty calmly said while up against a wall.

"We have to find them or else Octavio will be very mad, and I can't take the yelling anymore." Erika nervously said. "Karl? What are you thinking about?"

"...hm? OH heh nothing." He blushes like a tomato. "Ahem let's get going, this place is just a waste of time now, we gotta meet back up in the mech."
"Roger!" They all said as they exit into the sewage passage.

"Hm what do they want the old man for? I just hope he's ok wherever he is. Ah ha i knew Octavio was inside that water thing, time to get back to finding it."

Before Jared leaves he spots a picture of everyone celebrating Squidmas and having fun. Even Lil D. He can't help but feel a mix of sadness and anger. Then he shots the picture frame, cracking it, thinking it was a horrible he didn't see through his lies.

*****

After he gets out of the sewers he climbs to the top of Moray Towers for a better view of what's going on but he doesn't like what he's seen. "Man the war is even worse up high." While looking around he notices a majority of the Turf War places are taken over. He just stood watching countless battles and ink flying everywhere throughout the city, he isn't sure what he should do first.

"Hmm how am i gonna locate him through all of this. Guess I'll just have to help everyone i see."

He drops straight down inside Museum d'Alfonsino and creates a puddle of ink to safely fall in. As he jumps out he pelts every Octarian with as much Super Splat Bombs he could throw, then teams up with the remaining Inklings to finish them off. The Inklings get a little suspicious of who Jared is, as he asked why they say "an Inkling on the enemy side was attacking squids and taking them to that water machine thing." Jared immediately knew who they meant.

"Thanks for the info, you guys and gals should probably get to safety."

"No way we're gonna fight them off as hard as we can, we'll die trying!"

"That's very noble and all but it'd be smart to regroup and fight as a full team with a better plan, I haven't seen many inklings around here."

"Oh your one to talk." A squid swims out of the shadows and reveals to be a beaten up Carter.

"Carter!" Jared screams with much enthusiasm. "You look terrible."

"Gee thanks, where've you been?? We needed you and you ran off."

"Uh i know..i think i was asleep for a few days. I was trying to chase after the Octolings and Lil D but i got knocked out. Where is everyone?"

"Well i should've figured. I have no idea what went on but i also have no idea where everyone is, no one has been respondeding. After you ran off we had no choice but to Super Jump back to the others. Come on, we shouldn't talk here, the Octarians will probably be back with reinforcements."

Both squids leave outside while the other inklings go back to battle. Before they go he tells them there are a bunch of surviving Inkling soldiers at Piranha Pit and that they should consider going there. Later on, Jared explains his current situation to Carter and he explains his, but they both can't believe the damage that's been done.